News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Review of WBB "NEW" GP-30

Started by M1FredQ, March 10, 2013, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumper

Regarding the engine sounds getting to be irritating:  I had a set from the 70s with the Mighty Sound of Steam.  I could only take about 5 minutes of that.  The wires from the tender to the loco worked loose, and I never put them back together.

Cobrabob8

IMO, the level of sound would not stop me from purchasing a Williams by Bachmann GP-30. I love the way these locomotives look. I plan on purchasing a NYC GP-30 when business and my hours pick up at work. We are usually slower with fewer hours available during the Winter months.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

Cobrabob8

Classic Toy Trains Magazine has a review of the Williams by Bachmann NYC GP-30 in their next issue. On-Line if you are a subscriber is a short video review of the same locomotive. I like the new sound system.  ;D If you are a subscriber you can watch the video.
Cobrabob.

wmwalker

Well I got to see and hear the GP30 last night at our club meeting because Curt brought his ACL GP30 and ran it on the club layout. All I can said IMO WOW. That Gp30 is a true home run for Williams by Bachmann. The detail is great and the sound is very nice even though it has no volume control. I hope they move this detail and sound(maybe add a volume control) forward to other engines. Outstanding in my book. :)
Thanks
Wyatt

Cobrabob8

Wyatt,
All of these positive reviews are making me "Antsy" to get my hands on one, preferably for me, an NYC version. Thanks, Bob.

raider409

Hey Mr Bachmann,  Will you be releasing the new roadnames and when they will be available for the GP30 at York?

TrainmanGene

I think the Bachmann table will be swarmed lol. I'm going to probably get a Coast Line GP-30 but hope to see one in Pennsy in the near future. I am also looking foreward to the Norfolk Southern Heritage Reading SD-90 which will also have the True Blast Plus.
Sueme Valley System

phillyreading

Quote from: TrainmanGene on March 25, 2013, 03:46:34 PM
I think the Bachmann table will be swarmed lol. I'm going to probably get a Coast Line GP-30 but hope to see one in Pennsy in the near future. I am also looking foreward to the Norfolk Southern Heritage Reading SD-90 which will also have the True Blast Plus.

Is Williams by Bachmann going to make an SD-90 NS heritage in Reading Lines?
I may have to cancel my order for the SD-70 ACe Reading Heritage unit by Norfolk Southern. Now if somebody would make an SD-70 ACe or SD-90 for Philadelphia & Reading Railways! 8)

Lee F.

TrainmanGene

Yes they are, It's in the 2013 catalog. Plus it will have the new sound system  :)

Quote from: phillyreading on March 25, 2013, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: TrainmanGene on March 25, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

Is Williams by Bachmann going to make an SD-90 NS heritage in Reading Lines?
I may have to cancel my order for the SD-70 ACe Reading Heritage unit by Norfolk Southern. Now if somebody would make an SD-70 ACe or SD-90 for Philadelphia & Reading Railways! 8)

Lee F.
Sueme Valley System

phillyreading

Just saw the SD-90 N.S. Heritage series in the new PDF catalog, and there are five SD-90's with the new sound system.

Lee F.

TrainmanGene

Yes there the first model from the old production to be converted to the new sound system. Probably more will be announced at York.
Sueme Valley System

Chessie1971

I been hearing alot of nice reviews of the new williams GP30. I'm waiting to see if they make one in chessie system and B&O in dark blue and yellow letter's before i get one.

raider409

Thanks for getting back to the original topic.

M1FredQ

The GP-30 I ordered came in Saturday if I have time I'll get it open in the next day or two.

Packaging was nicely done!!! That's all I can say thus far!!!!

Son Joey can't wait to get it open!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chessie1971

Fred when you do that please do a video review Thanks Jeff