MR BACHMANN will you be doing another run of heavy mtn &2-6-6-2 locos

Started by kewatin, March 30, 2013, 02:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

i was sent a light mtn dcc ready to replace my heavy mtn with dcc on board and when contacting service dept was told that the heavy mtn &2-6-6-2 were no longer in production 7that is why a ltg mtn was sent, this was an issue for me &i contacted  customer service for an upgrade with dcc on board&my problem was dealt with fairly&proffessionally. a quick check of all major retailers & you will see none available. i do hope BACHMANN will do another run as these were outstanding locos ,is the market saturated or is their room for more. i certainly could use more,even customer service was not sure if a nother run would be made. any &all comments would be most welcome,especially from  MR BACHMANN.
regards&later  KEWATIN

skipgear

I've been begging every chance I get for another run of the Heavy Mountains. Specifically, the C&O's. They sold out within a month or so of the initial release. The N&W were the next ones to go. The problem is, the Undec, Rio Grande, and IC versions hung on for quite a while.

I would love to see another batch of the C&O Heavies in a couple numbers and a N&W number or two. If they really want to make me smile, a couple of detail changes and it would make a nice B&O T-4. Use the C&O running gear and cylinders, the standard cab, a new pilot and tender and you get very close. Make a new sand dome on the boiler and you are almost 100% there.

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/bo5650s.jpg

As far as the 2-6-6-2's, I think the market is pretty much flooded on them considering they barely bring $100 in the aftermarket and can be found in the $80 if patient.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

bobwrgt

Trainworld still shows some available of the heavy Mountain and 2-6-6-2.
I just purchased the IC Heavy.
Yes they are great engines. I have both the HO and N scale.

Bob

kewatin

Thanks bob,good price and my airbrush will make short work of the IC loco
see they have good prices on the 2-6-6-2 also. as tony said under $100
agin thanks for the heads up
regards&later KEWATIN

ryeguyisme

I wish the darned Rio Grande 4-8-2's would go on sale so I can buy a couple :'(

jtbterri

I picked up an older version from a local hobby shop closing model 82514, drg w/ usran long tender and rapido  coupler.  Looks great and runs great but whant to change couplers.  Micro Trains lists their 001 02 052 (2004-1) as the replacement for the light mountain.  I purchased a package but am having trouble mounting it.  Has anyone any tips or sites I can visit to help?
Thanks
George