News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler Problem

Started by J R Barnes, March 17, 2013, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J R Barnes

;D  Well thanks to the info from Yardmaster, I reset to factory defaults and the sound board came alive.  The engine is running and sounding fine.  Now if I can get the backup light reinstalled................................Thanks Folks, Jerry
Jerry Barnes
Conductor-Fireman (Retired)
Grapevine Vintage Railroad

Stevelewis

Quote from: Yardmaster on April 02, 2013, 10:38:54 AM
Sounds like you need to restore the factory defaults....

Just a point  the  lights  dont  work correctly  when  set  to  factory  defaults (refer to my  posts a few weeks back when I got my loco and  my conversations with Jamie)

So this means that   if the  decoder is set back to factory defaults  then the  sound unit  MAY work  but  the  lights will revert  back to undimmable  and non directional perhaps.

I cannot test  this  as the  sound units have not arrive here in the UK yet

Must say it looks like a bit of  poor planning  if this is the  situation.

STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Bucksco

Once the sound module is installed you can change the CVs .

Royce Wilson

Yardmaster,thanks for all you do.I have a hiesler on the way and have never used DCC so I need all the help I can get. The fact that Bachmann maintains a web site and people like you are around to help guide customers  with problems sells products.The other companies don't have this. In the old days we went to the local hobby shop and we all know they are gone except just a few. So kudos to Bachmann or whatever the kids say these days.

So Thanks!

Royce Wilson

Bucksco

We don't have all the answers but that's the beauty of the forum.... someone usually has the answer and we all end up helping each other.