What makes your new 2-6-0 and the recent 4-6-0 not Spectrum?

Started by kmcsjr, May 10, 2013, 09:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmcsjr

Sorry i didn't want to ask "hy aren't they Spectrum, because the y seen to be Spectrum Quality

skipgear

Here's my take on it.....

No road specific details.
Generic prototype, not an exact copy of any specific loco.
No bronze axle bearings. (This one isn't a definite because the 2-6-6-2's don't have them either.)

I kind of equate it to the Atlas Trainman stuff, no big difference in quality, it's more in the details. It's a close enough to a lot of locos but not a dead ringer for any of them.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

kmcsjr

Quote from: skipgear on May 10, 2013, 09:59:56 PM
Here's my take on it.....

No road specific details.
Generic prototype, not an exact copy of any specific loco.
No bronze axle bearings. (This one isn't a definite because the 2-6-6-2's don't have them either.)

I kind of equate it to the Atlas Trainman stuff, no big difference in quality, it's more in the details. It's a close enough to a lot of locos but not a dead ringer for any of them.

Tony.... I want the Bach-man to spell it out.... waaaahhh  :)

the Bach-man

Dear K,
The main difference is the cast on rather than the separate detail on the locos. We feel that in the current economy it's important to make affordable models available.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

kmcsjr

Quote from: the Bach-man on May 10, 2013, 10:48:29 PM
Dear K,
The main difference is the cast on rather than the separate detail on the locos. We feel that in the current economy it's important to make affordable models available.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Bachmann
Thanks for the quick feedback
I'm not a rich man, but try me, on the detail, I'd pay. My budget limitations make it more important, that I buy the best available loco. Tying in with my other question on small steam, a more functional decoder (bemf, or whatever makes other decoders quiet, for example, would be worth every penny)