4-8-4 class J #83903 Spectrum will not pull cars on DCC

Started by Trainuser, April 14, 2013, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainuser

My Spectrum DCC w/sound will not pull anything on a DigiTrax Train club layout. My other Bachmann with DCC on board (no sound) works great. Is there a know issue with Spectrum and DigiTrax? I took the Train back to the dealer and he rann it on a standard DC laytout pulling twenty cars wtihout trouble. Is this a return to factory problem? Please help. :)

Doneldon

TU-

You know the locomotive is okay because of its performance on DC. So ... the problem
must be with the decoder. The first thing I'd do is set everything back to the factory
defaults and try again. If it works okay then you just need to be careful about how you
reprogram it. If it doesn't work after having its defaults restored you might want to
contact Bachmann service, on this board. Good luck with your diagnosis.
                                                                                                              -- D

richg

Quote from: Trainuser on April 14, 2013, 02:01:47 PM
My Spectrum DCC w/sound will not pull anything on a DigiTrax Train club layout. My other Bachmann with DCC on board (no sound) works great. Is there a know issue with Spectrum and DigiTrax? I took the Train back to the dealer and he rann it on a standard DC laytout pulling twenty cars wtihout trouble. Is this a return to factory problem? Please help. :)

Since it works at the LHS with DC, did he try with DCC?

Bachmann DCC will run on Digitrax just fine.

As was said, do a reset. You have to lift the loco off the track or disconnect the power to the track, also. I have had to do that for a reset with the Tsunami I install. Maybe you do not have to for Bachmann on board.

Rich