News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 chassis composition ?

Started by doug c, April 15, 2013, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug c

The CH-900xx series of  4-6-0 chassis  that we see in the parts catalog ...is that of the recent metal drivers/siderods era   or the early plastics  ??
Probably dependent on which one  ehhhh !?

I have one of the early plastic  circus locos and was thinking chassis change .. to metal !!?
hmmm I guess I should look at what CH-***** that was and then what maybe compatible from stock B'mann chassis line-up.

Thanks for any info,

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Loco Bill Canelos

Doug,  The Ch- number stands for either the set number or the item number of the chassis  they are selling.  The expensive chassis have the metal siderods and the lower cost chassis have the plastic ones.  But both chassis have the great running Version 5 chassis mechanism. 

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

doug c

"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Barry BBT

Doug C.

If you don't know, I have been building an upgraded drive for the Big Haulers (of all types).  The basis is a custom extruded aluminum, black anodized frame.  New axles with bearings, reworked Bachmann drivers or custom brass and SS drivers, with an 8000 series Pittman motor, I make my own pickups, which have proven to be very durable.  Finally, it is warranted for life (my life) as everything I have built for the last twenty years.

Want more info:

barrysbigtrains@live.com

Barry Olsen

623-936-6088
There are no dumb questions.