News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Santa Fe f3's and Cars

Started by wmwalker, April 19, 2013, 01:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmwalker

Well I just picked up my Santa Fe F3's and passengers cars from my LHS. I went over at lunch so now I just have to get home tonight and unpack them and run trains. While I was there they got a shipment in from Bachmann and in that was a ACL GP30 so you know what that mean ;) I put that baby on hold for me. ;D
Thanks
Wyatt

M1FredQ

wmwalker:

Please post when you pick up that ACL GP-30 !!!!!

That's my second choice and I hope to eventually pick one up.

Tell more about the Santa Fe's!!!!

wmwalker

M1FreaQ
Here are my new F3's Santa Fe's. They look great and run great but I know when I get a Williams engine it is going to run for a long time.

Here are the cars as well. Very nice and I like the detail. I know that they are the 72' heavyweights but just liked them.

Thanks
Wyatt

M1FredQ

wm

Those green Santa Fe Heavyweights look great. What radius of curve do you use.

Ditto on those F-3's!!!!!!!!!!

Now you making me regret I didn't pick up the set of Santa Fe F-3's at the Hobby Shop in Ft Lauderdale. When I called they have closed out all their trains and only plan to sell sets!!!!!!

wmwalker

M1FredQ
The smallest radius I have on my layout is 54. I use Lionel O track and K-Line shadow rail. I really like the K-Line track so I am replacing the Lionel O a little at a time when I can. I have 18 072 K-line switches as well and my layout is 13x22 with 2 main lines. I also got the Northfork Southern F3's in Black and White as well and a good friend of mine traded me some MTH NW passengers cars so I have that train as well. I have now picked up 4 more Williams engines and some cars. I put the GP30 ACL on hold and hope to get it out in a couple of weeks and will give my run down on it as well. Also I told my LHS to put my order in for the RS3 Seaboard. I gave gone nuts over these Williams engines.  :)
Thanks
Wyatt

M1FredQ

wmwalker

I just saw the Jack Lynch review on another thread and was thinking to get the RS-3

Seaboard too!!!!! When he held up the add on insert I could barely make out the Seaboard colour scheme and that cinched it for me!!!!!

I hope I can add something more to the review of the GP-30. I am really impressed and excited for WBB they really did a great job on that engine. If they want to make any improvement, and Jack Lynch alluded to it, we are getting spoiled with the sound systems, they could have the motor rev up or down as you accelerate or decelerate. Also add a volume control. This is not a deal breaker for me I am grateful for what these guys are doing and I plan to support the efforts by purchasing these engines. I  am guessing some day they will have sound boards with much improved sounds etc that we can purchase separately and upgrade on our own!!!

In the meantime I am saving up for the ACL GP-30.

wm you may want to take a look at WBB E-Z track in O-Gauge they plan to release it is supposed to be compatible with Fas-Track- it looks good we will have to see how it performs. Thanks again!!!!