Spring York TCA Museum presentation

Started by Bucksco, April 21, 2013, 04:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Thanks, Yardmaster.

Great to hear from a 'company' guy every now and again--helps give some perspective from 'behind the scenes'.  Sorry I missed your booth.  Believe I was working Timonium the same weekend as the York show.

Regards,

Jonathan

Doneldon

Jack-

Thanks! That was great, almost like being there for the unveilings.

-- D

M1FredQ

Thanks Yardmaster!!!

I saw your presentation last year when you came out with the GP-30's and based on the presentation threw my hat in the ring and bought one and am glad I did.

Never thought about the RS-3 before but once again based on your presentation and the nice looks and construction I am going to go for it.

I also like the 4-6-0 Green really sharp and will look good pulling the Madison cars I now have.

THanks for all you do . I also dabble in other scales. We have large scale for around the Christmas tree and this Summer we will have a set up outside to be used for my daughter and son's graduation parties should be fun.

We also have HO so I  think we will try the red box Santa Fe F-3. We also have a N-scale on our O-Gauge layout which we call our KiddieLand which is a place my parents took me and my brothers and sisters just outside Chicago.

Thanks again and keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Loco Bill Canelos

Jack,

Great Presentation,  Your info on the importance of attracting youth and the youth market was especially appreciated.  We must bring the young  in if we are to keep the hobby going. Bachamnn has done a lot to attract the youth element wioth the many great offerings in most scales!!  Great work!!!!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

M1FredQ

Loco Bill

Thanks for making mention of attracting the youth. What I saw happen with the plastic model industry was they catered to the "older" modelers to a point where the young kids were priced out. What parent is going to let his kid drop 50, 100 or more dollars on a model kit with all kinds of detail that may not be put together very well or not appreciated.

I appreciated what Jack had said at York Show, they were concentrating on affordable introductory "sets" where kids and parents had all they needed to set up and run the train all in one box. Within minutes of opening the box one could be enjoying the train experience and having fun with family and friends!!!!

Then as interests and finances permit more pieces can be added to the set and eventually a permanent place can be built for it.