Can't log in to ' repair request '

Started by MarkInLA, April 26, 2013, 06:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInLA

I need my Ten wheeler repaired...I go to log in to 'repair request' and system asks for ID and password..As I couldn't remember my password I established a NEW one..But form still requires OLD one...It is the precisely old one I can't remember to begin with..Why doesn't system at this juncture just ask for NEW one if new one is what is needed in the first place ! What good does it serve entering old/disabled password, one needed changing if I have in fact now a new one ? On top of this, 'repair' doesn't utilize same log in info as needed for THIS very message..Why aren't the both under the same user I.D. and password ?   

RAM

When you go to log on with the wrong password, don't you have a place to click saying you forgot your password.  Click it and they email you a password to log on.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Did you request an email to reset p.word? In that email will be a brand new randomly generated p.word. Go back to the site. When you are prompted to change to a new p.word enter this new random generated p.word from email into the form as the old password(your original password is not needed after email).  

MarkInLA

This is what I am saying I am doing..I go to email for NEW one as per Bachmann...I go back to BMann home page/ to ' repair request '...enter new one,  but it keeps requiring OLD one !! It is the old one I no longer KNOW !! Why on earth is old/disabled one even involved any longer ? What purpose does it serve !!?
Well, I'll try again today or just phone in Monday...

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: GG1onFordsDTandI on April 27, 2013, 02:21:59 PM
Did you request an email to reset p.word? In that email will be a brand new randomly generated p.word. Go back to the site. When you are prompted to change to a new p.word enter this new random generated p.word from email into the form as the old password(your original password is not needed after email).  

After re-reading, I see my answer was off-base. I think the repairs software and this sites software are most likely not 100% in-sync. Probably newer security features, password update times or ability, etc., all for a more secure system for us. A private message to an administrator (especially when they are online), or a email direct to offices about the issue, or even a phone call, have all gotten me quick response to cyber-issues in the past. Frustrating right now I know, but Ive been impressed with response time on most of my contacts. Good luck......