running problems with Williams o Scale blue goose

Started by flintski, January 31, 2012, 02:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintski

this is about 3-4 months old, I bought it new in Oct, 2011. model #40301, sometimes when I turn on the transformer it runs normal, but sometimes it will just sit there for awhile and then it'll go, but the light comes on and it starts smoking, just doesn't move sometimes, can someone help me? I Hope it's nothing to important, I really don't want to have to send it in.

phillyreading

Have you tried emailing Bachmann? As this is not something that should happen.
Have you checked your outlet that you plug your transformer into? It might have the problem with letting a cord wiggle in the socket area, if it wiggles a bit your outlet could stand replacing.

Lee F.

milo65

I know this thread is over a year old.  But I purchase a brand new Blue Goose for my son for Christmas and I just mailed it back to Bachmann for repairs.  It is doing the exact same thing that you mentioned.  It was also missing a hex screw.  I sent it back yesterday.  I hope they fix or send me a new one soon.

goldtrain

We recently got the N&W J 746, which is the same train.  I noticed that every now and then it would stop on the tracks and not move.  It turns out one of the chrome rims on a front driver wheel has come loose from the rest of the wheel.  It then rubs up against and binds up the rods on the drivetrain.  I seems that the chrome ring has teeth on the inside of the ring which are supposed to bind it to the rest of the wheel when pressed on.  Unfortunately, this hasn't held.