News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler

Started by Trains Again, February 11, 2007, 09:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trains Again

Has there been any discussion in Bachmann Sprectrum making a Heisler?  There are no more Rivarossi Heislers left. They stoped making them. I really want one, and wish I could find more Rivarossi ones......but I can't because there is none left in the local Train stores around where I live.

steveeusd

Try Trainworld.com  I think they are on sale for $80.

Trains Again

I saw that there, but there are a lot of risks with ordering an HO engine. Things can break during shipping, and stuff like that.

Has Bachmann thought about making a Heisler?

Nigel

It is HIGHLY unlike that Bachmann would pursuing making an HO scale model of a Heisler because the Rivarossi tooling still exists, and they will most like re-introduce the model in the future.

Ordering from Trainworld is safe - I have been doing business with them for more than 25 years.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

Trains Again

Thank you very much Nigel. Is calling the only way to order from that website?

jayl1

Trains Again

Nevermind. I emailed them, and they don't have any that come DCC ready.

So unfortunatly, Trainworld doesn't have any of the good ones.

Ralph-On30

The Rivarossi Heisler's,

Are they worth the price?

Any one have any problems?

Cant get an On-30,

So maybe get an H. O.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Trains Again on February 14, 2007, 06:07:56 PM

I am looking at one of the Heisler by Rivarossi units and it is DCC ready (add the decoder), if the units are not DCC ready they must be very old stock - I would check again.
Pacific Northern

Trains Again

Quote from: drhone on February 14, 2007, 08:49:39 PM
Quote from: Trains Again on February 14, 2007, 06:07:56 PM

I am looking at one of the Heisler by Rivarossi units and it is DCC ready (add the decoder), if the units are not DCC ready they must be very old stock - I would check again.

I emailed Trainworld, and thats what they told me. They don't have any DCC ready Heislers.

Trains Again

Does any other company besides Rivarossi make them for HO?

jayl1

HO Heislers are available in brass -& pricey.  I know Pacific Fast Mail - PFM - imported several in the past.  Check that web auction site near you.

I have a 2 and a 3 truck Riverossi unit - nice for the money. :D

Trains Again

Didn't have any at PFM. The only place that has HO Heislers (besides Brass) is Ebay. Does anybody know which company bought out Rivarossi?

Too bad Bachmann hasn't considered making one :-(      Unless another company makes one, I guess there won't be any HO Heislers for a while.

Bummer... :(

Hamish K

Hornby International, who bought the Lima group including Rivarossi, are slowly re-introducing items form the former Lima companies. Only a few Rivarossi american items have so far been introduced, they seem to have beeen concentrating more on the european items. I expect that they will re-introduce the Heisler at some stage, but it has not been announced for 2007.

The point is, if I expect the Heisler to be re-made at some point, Bachmann and other makers probably are also expecting Rivarossi to re-introduce it. Thus Bachmann (or others) may well be reluctant to introduce a Heisler. Would there be room for two ready to run non brass models?

Hamish

Trains Again

Quote from: Hamish K on February 16, 2007, 07:32:26 AM
Would there be room for two ready to run non brass models?
Hamish

Of course!!  Take a look at how many companies have produced something like a Mikado, or a Mountain. I could name tons of companies that have made the same type of engine in non-brass. There would be PLENTY of room.

Bachmann has made a Climax and a Shay. So whats the big deal with not making a Heisler? Bachmann has made a G scale Heisler.....So why not an HO? Do you see my point? Unless it has to do with some sort of money issue, it doesn't make any sense at all to me.