News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler Jitters

Started by sailorman, June 10, 2013, 06:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailorman

I installed the sound card in my Heisler after resetting all the CV's to factory defaults as required by the instructions. The sound card worked fine, but the locomotive jittered or vibrated at low speed settings. I tried everything I could think of. I called Bachmann and they said to send the engine to them for repair/replacement.

As I was packing the engine I noticed that there were several CV's listed on the cover page of the quick start guide that had to be manually reset to factory defaults. I reset them to the values listed which were different in some cases than the factory defaults that were listed on the spec sheet and the engine ran fine.

I don't know if I was just unlucky or dumb, but if anyone else has experienced this problem, resetting those odd CV's does the trick. I just wish Bachmann had told me.

James Thomas

After reading all the adventures people are having installing the sound boards in the Heislers, I hope Bachmann is rethinking the idea of having consumers install the boards.  It sure was nice when the locos were "sound installed" at the factory, and were actually RTR.
-Jim

dutchbuilder

Has something to do with the back EMF intensity.
I believe CV 212.

Ton

richg

Quote from: sailorman on June 10, 2013, 06:56:29 PM
I installed the sound card in my Heisler after resetting all the CV's to factory defaults as required by the instructions. The sound card worked fine, but the locomotive jittered or vibrated at low speed settings. I tried everything I could think of. I called Bachmann and they said to send the engine to them for repair/replacement.

As I was packing the engine I noticed that there were several CV's listed on the cover page of the quick start guide that had to be manually reset to factory defaults. I reset them to the values listed which were different in some cases than the factory defaults that were listed on the spec sheet and the engine ran fine.

I don't know if I was just unlucky or dumb, but if anyone else has experienced this problem, resetting those odd CV's does the trick. I just wish Bachmann had told me.

That is model railroading with DCC. There are many variables to deal with. Too many for Bachmann to consider when you combine digital electronics with DC locos.

Rich