News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Where has everyone gone\??

Started by Stevelewis, June 28, 2013, 12:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

I notice  that  no one  has  posted  anything  for  almost 10 days in the 0n30  section!!

Is  this  because  everyone  is too busy  building  layouts?

Or is  everything running  fine  so  there  is  nothing  to  report!! :)
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

robinstrains

Well, its summer here in North America and schools have now let out till September, a lot of families head off to camp grounds,hiking, biking travelling around and a lot of other activities which keep us all busy. One tries to stay outdoors as much as possible to take in the warmth of the sun and just do out door stuff. As for myself all my trains are in boxes headed for Switzerland. My wife is from there and wish to go back home. For me this is a new start and not speaking German, French, Italian or Romansh I will have to find a English speaking group that models in on30.I enjoy the scratch building aspect of the hobby but now will be Mr mum as the wife will be the bread winner and stay and do the necessary. Well! Have a lovely summer and enjoy it.
Till then.
Robin.

Stevelewis

Hi Robin

I envy  your moving  to  Switzerland,,  land  of  some  brilliant  railways!!

Having  visited  the  country  I have  often wished   we  could  move  there!!

I hope  you  enjoy it  and  as  well as  continuing  in  0n30,  perhaps  you will soon  be  buying  BEMO H0m railways!!

regards  Steve
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Royce Wilson

I once saw a photo of a narrow gauge mallet with a Rotary snow plow built over it(self powered plow) that ran in that country,I sure wished I knew where that photo was as it begs to be modeled..

Royce

Bas

Hello Robin

We are you going to live? I live in the bernese Oberland, in a small town near Spiez. We are a small group of 4 SBB (swiss federal railways) Traindrivers and two of us (including myself) also build in On30. The other two only build in HO.

For example, here are some pictures of my rebuild Bachmann Mogul, using Conny parts.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FinescaleOn30/photos/album/450463893/pic/407133617/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Regards from the rainy swiss alps

Bas

Bas

Ken Clark

Quote from: Royce Wilson on June 29, 2013, 08:44:54 AM
I once saw a photo of a narrow gauge mallet with a Rotary snow plow built over it(self powered plow) that ran in that country,I sure wished I knew where that photo was as it begs to be modeled..

Royce

Royce

The book "Meyer Articulated Locomotives" by Trackside Publications
      ISBN .1.900095.07.6.
      has photos (interior/exterior) & orginal  plans for the Rotary Plows, I
     believe the book is still available from the publisher.

Ken Clark
      GWN

Royce Wilson

Thanks Bass:
Thats it!..I plan to do an American version using the Bachmann 2-4-4-2,except I will remove the lead and trailing truck.

Royce

robinstrains

Hi Bas, we will be living in a small village called Melchnau. If one were to draw a straight line from Zurich to Bern, Melchnau would be almost in the middle. Langenthal would be are main stop. By the way a  meter  gauge railway runs right by the sitting room I can't remember the name. According to my in laws they will be removing the track as it has been deemed unsafe. According to them 3 years ago a very large investment was made to the railway to up grade which was done but the section from St Urban to Melchnau is to close
and tracks removed.
Regards,
Robin.

robinstrains

Hi Steve, my collection of trains include, n and ho all Swiss prototype, (hope to sell all the n scale in Switzerland) as my eyes are 58 years young .1/35 scale scratch built trains to go with my military models. G scale of which I had to sell it all,although I have a few pieces of LGB track left which are on their way as we speak/write and on30 which I have just started with but hope to stick with. I have a few kits from Boulder valley models that I have ordered from the states and should be waiting for me. I hope to model in on30  a  small end of line stop using a Swiss engine shed as my centre piece that sits empty in Melchnau. The layout is free lanced which represents the area where I currently live which is Peterborough / Haliburton  Ontario Canada.I think I have covered all aspects on my modelling I like.
Robin.

Royce Wilson

Are there any narrow gauge railrods that existed in Canada other than the Klasco & Slocan on the western side of the continenent?

Royce

robinstrains

Unfortunately Royce non in Eastern Canada that I know of,except for a 2 foot gauge that runs around the local zoo with 4-4-0 loco made to look like an old timer with a diesels engine in the tender, pulling a bunch of open air coaches over the otonabee river with screening kids enjoying themselves including me.
Robin.

Ken Clark

Quote from: Royce Wilson on June 29, 2013, 09:21:18 PM
Are there any narrow gauge railrods that existed in Canada other than the Klasco & Slocan on the western side of the continenent?

Royce

Royce

For starts
  White Pass & Yukon
  Dolly Varden Mines
  Grandby Anyox BC  Electric/steam
  Kaso & Slocan
  Trail Creek Tram
  Columbia & Western
 Alberta Coal & Railway Co
 North Western Coal & Navigation Co
  St Mary's Railway
 Klondike Mines Railway
 Leonra & Mt Sicker
 Kootenay Logging Co  42in

Couple of odd ball Lines  <G> homemade equipment  (few photos only)
   Push,Pull & Tug        Logging line
  Hong Kong Central    processing mine tailing's Ford model A  as motive power

Lake Lousie Tramway passenger service from station at Lake Louise to the Chateau Lake Louise

Ken Clark
       GWN

Bas

Hello Robin

I know the place...the line is locally called "the melchnauerli"

Nearly all my trains are from the Canadian Pacific, Alaska Railways and my free-lanced Railroad, and my collegue has Canadian Pacific and Canadian National as theme.

Regards

Bas

Royce Wilson

Are there any books that were written about Canadian narrow gauge railroads?
Other than the Klasco & Slocan(I have that)

Royce Wilson