News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann old stock

Started by Pacific Northern, July 03, 2013, 02:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

We have a liquidation chain store in town mall and while I did go in to check it out a few times, there was never anything there that interested me.

All this changed last week, I had just finished shopping in the food store, stocking up on some sale items when I was on the way back to my car.  

A man and his son were also returning to their vehicle which was parked next to mine. The boy was fumbling with the shopping bag he carried, he pulled out a black box that looked familiar. It was the shiny black box for the Bachmann Spectrum engines. I was told that the liquidator store had just received some HO train stock.

Well, I was in the store 30 seconds later and amazed at what on the shelves, were HO Spectrum steam engines, they are pre-dcc and there are also old bachmann Plus building kits.

I did pick up a couple of Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-0's as well as a few of the kits. the steam engines were $50 and the kits all market at $20.There were a couple of Heavy Mountains as well, but I have enough of those, but then again I may go back.

Pacific Northern

Ken G Price

Timing is every thing! ;D
Way to go.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Pacific Northern

Well I went back to pick up a couple more building kits.

I especially wanted to pickup a few of the the coal bins, as weol as water tanks as well as the mics yard buildings.

It is my intention to build a couple of engine yards in modules that i can alternate.  I want to be able to alternate between the various railroads I am trying to model.

Everything is gone. The sales clerk told me that someone came in and bought all the remaining Bachmann items.

Well, I at least got a few items, wonder who would need that many items.
Pacific Northern

Catt

You will probably see them on Ebay soon.

Crusader

I'm from Lebanon Pa Where is this outlet store  liquidation chain store in town mall you are speaking off?

Crusader

Where is this located at?