News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

REPLACEMENT GEARS

Started by 2foot6, July 07, 2013, 05:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2foot6

HI ALL ,IT'S NOW BEEN FIVE WEEKS SINCE  BACHMANN STARTED TAKING ORDERS FOR REPLACEMENT  GEARS,JUST WONDERING IF THEY HAVE STARTED FILTERING THROUGH THE SYSTEM? CHEERS PETER.

David

I received this email on 6/18:

Hello, we will be sending out the gears in the next few weeks for you. Thank you for your patience. Regards,
Bridget Wallace
Parts Mngr.

Regards,
David Silverton
Vernon Hills, IL
K8UOP

piglet

Thank you I received mine today.

Don Grizzelle

charlii

I wish to thank Bachmann for the ON30 Climax and Shay replacement gears I received today. I appreciate your excellent service.
Charles Bible (charlii)

darryl1936

Surprise surprise lookie what showed up in the mail !!   I received parts for my Shays and parts for a Railtruck but nothing about any Climax parts ?   Hmmm

Well the parts I received will keep me occupied for awhile and maybe the other parts will be coming...

Cheers to Bachmann folks for getting these out to us and better late than never..   :)

TOF in Oregon

dutchbuilder

I just tried to send a mail to the mailadress 0n30support (at) Bachmanntrains.com.
The postmaster at bachmann stated that it does not seem to exist!
Mr.B. ?

Ton
The Netherlands

railtwister

Quote from: dutchbuilder on August 01, 2013, 07:06:07 AM
I just tried to send a mail to the mailadress 0n30support (at) Bachmanntrains.com.
The postmaster at bachmann stated that it does not seem to exist!
Mr.B. ?

Ton
The Netherlands

Hi Ton,

They did say that the program would start on June 01, 2013, and would be a limited time offer. Do you suppose it has already ended? That would be disappointing to say the least, since they have had the gear problem going on for several years. I did receive a response from them on my question about HO locos with defective gears, and it said only the On30 gear problem is being addressed.

Bill in FtL

Bucksco

The program has not ended. We haven't received any other complaints about the email address not working.

petervweimer

Good to hear! I was one of the lucky guys (in Germany) to get complete trucks to remedy my Shay's faulty gears. Now that my last Shay shows problems as well I was told that the trucks are not available a the moment. In my opinion they are the only effective method of getting the Shays running because the gear clips coming with the alternative replacement gears do not hold because of the original clips being glued factory-side. Will the trucks be available again soon? 

Bucksco

We will most likely receive more. You should contact the service department to confirm that you need more.

petervweimer

Do I contact the special email-address for the replacement-gear-program or contact service through the "normal" address" to get the trucks free of charge?
Regards
Peter

Bucksco

I would say to do both just to be sure.

dutchbuilder

I have tried to send a mail to the special mail adress again, no joy!
It bounced right back with the statement that the adress does not excist.
So now i send a mail to your service department. explaining why and if they could forward my message.....
It didn't come back (yet) , so there is hope.

Ton

dutchbuilder

Yes i got a reply from your service department......
The only problem is that your service department don't seem to communicate with the replacement gears department!
The service departmenr reply was the standard bla bla about rates and warenty.
I don't think that dear Laura had any idea what i was talking about!!
I send here a link to this topic and asked again to forward the previous mail to the replacement gears department.

Will be continued.....

Ton

petervweimer

Can contribute to this never-ending-story myself. As advised I contacted the service department and the special gear-replacement department for getting one more pair of the improved Shay trucks but no answer from them up to now...
Peter