any chance of bachmann new releases at nmra convention in atlanta

Started by kewatin, July 12, 2013, 01:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

very little stock  or no stock of heavy mountains &mallets and other models,these were excellent locos and can't understand why no reruns,bachmann surely could install dcc to their 4-8-4 norhtern &j models as well their 2-6-2. they certainly in my mind have the best looking &performing n scale steamers,providing you get a good one. so do you my fellow modellers think their will be any new product announcements at this yrs convention. lets hear your comments.
regards&later KEWATIN

James in FL

"Yardmaster" says
QuoteYardmaster
Administrator

View Profile   Re: Bachmann - Pulling back productioin?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to add that we have been making great strides in breathing new life into older items by retooling them and adding new features. A prime example being the "Sound Value" series. We have made DCC/16 bit digital sound very affordable to the delight of novice and experienced modeler alike. Trust me when I say we are more interested in being innovative than just pushing the same old types of items out the door and we have a whole lot of new and exciting items planned for the future. Bachmann announces more new items every July at the NMRA convention than just about any other manufacturer.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:48:20 PM by Yardmaster »  

I am hoping to hear that my long awaited Pacific will be on Santa's sleigh.

Country Joe

It certainly sounds like there will be some new products announced at the convention this year. I'm hoping for some new steam power with DCC, especially big steam, like a mikado, hudson or pacific, lettered for the New York Central.

kewatin

yes ,it would be nice to see a hudson or berkshire .was there not talk sometime back about a 2-10-0 ,they did one in ho along with the berkshire.i don.t see a mikado coming forth as kato pretty well saturated the market for yrs. a nice consideration would be a pacific as pretty much all roads had them.here;s hoping we will get one of the above. also some nice passenger cars like the one the came out with for their doolebug would be a nice compliment. regards &later KEWATIN

Franz T

westfalen

I'd like to see the decapod as well. The reason given for not making it in the past was that there was no motor small enough, after the 4-6-0 and 2-6-0 and the 44 and 70 tonner diesels, not to mention all the small British N scale steamers Bachmann are making,  that won't wash any more.

skipgear

I would think the reasoning for not bringing out the Russian 2-10-0 would be poor sales in HO. They were never spectacular sellers in HO and they were not that popular with the major 1:1 railroads. The 200 or so that didn't make it to Russia ended up on short lines and connector routes. SAL and SLSF were the biggest users as far as I know. Some did make it to ASTF through acquisitions of other roads.

I used to really want one of them but after looking closer, they really can't be used for anything but a Russian. They are just too unique. They would make a good freelance loco. I'm more hoping for a Pacific or something larger. They have done well with the small loco's of recent, it's time to go a bit bigger.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Mike C

The Western Maryland also had 10 of them. I would probably buy one if they were made......Mike

dtpowell

I don't believe we'll see any new announcements until or after the National Train Show on Saturday. SO, far I haven't seen much as to spoilers on the internet.

I'm personally hoping for a K4 or Heavy 4-6-2, A NYC Hudson would be most welcome.
I just don't think Russian decapod would be as popular as a PRR I1s decapod. PRR built near 600 of the critters and I'd buy at least two and double head them.
No matter what anything new will be welcome.

skipgear

Announcements are out.....

EM-1 w/DCC
NW2 w/DCC
Retooled F7A/B w/DCC

DD40 w/DCC and Sound

USRA 55T 2 bay Hopper.

I got my wish.....

Tony Hines

skipgear

Tony Hines

Moose

Is there any chance that Bachmann will release ~ prototypical versions of the 2-8-8-4 for other railroads, such as the Northern Pacific?

dtpowell

Quote from: Moose on July 29, 2013, 12:00:56 PM
Is there any chance that Bachmann will release ~ prototypical versions of the 2-8-8-4 for other railroads, such as the Northern Pacific?

That's a great question. I was wondering about a Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range classes M-3 and M-4 Yellowstones myself. SP AC-9 would work for me too. Bachmann has the basic loco to do them all if they'd like.

Moose

Well, I did some research on the basic differences between the B&O EM-1 and the Northern Pacific Z-5. Comparing the visual & dimensional differences, I decided that the #7627 (small dome) was sufficiently close to the Z-5 that I might eventually [try to] convert it for my Northern Pacific RR ... So, I now have one on reserve...