Thomas narrow gauge engine ideas

Started by uscgtanker, July 16, 2013, 04:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uscgtanker

My cousins love Thomas and friends but they also like narrow gauge. I know some costumers would like to see Skarloey and Rheneas, so this is my thinking. Bachmann has a good line of N and Ho scales. 2 foot narrow gauge is a easy thing to do with N scale track and half the size Ho body's. What you will get is Hon30 which is very close to 2 foot and 30 inch gauges.

Chaz

I imagine the tooling would be expensive for Bachmann to put together, so I have my doubts... but I'm all for it!  Especially with the detail on the CGI versions of the characters, I think they would look great.  It would just depend on how they would manage to put them together and how well they would sell, which I imagine they would sell pretty well.  People who model narrow gauge would go nuts over them!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DucktheGWREngine08

And on top of them being good sellers, it would give narrow gauge modelers who like the make British outline NG stuff who try to make the Skarloey engines A LOT LESS HASSLE. Seriously, the Corris No. 4 made by Meridian Models has the same amount of etched brass as the Rodney Stenning Corris No. 3 mainly for the cab which makes Soldering a MAJOR need and there are some *like myself* who NEVER soldered before  :-\. Also the Skarloey Railway is on a 2 FOOT 3 INCH track like the Talyllyn & Corris Railways are :L.