News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann g engine 2-4-2

Started by lucy 1, July 19, 2013, 11:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucy 1

Bill,
This engine does not show on bachmann's inventory.
I was looking for a parts list, as I need some replacements.
Can you help?
Thank you,Lucy 1

Loco Bill Canelos

Need details, photo, numbers, name on loco, or Bachmann item number on the box to figure out what you have.   Most of them are old and no parts are available. 

Even the new one listed here below has no diagram on file that I could find, nor could I find any parts in the store.

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=255_433_435&products_id=2889

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

lucy 1

Bill,

The engine is a 2-4-2 its road name is Pennsylvania. Its number is 3. Item number is 91114. Tried to send photos but the file sizes are to big for this forum.
Broken parts draw bar between engine and tender. Part 2 is the part that holds the rear wheels on. Can I email the pictures to you privately.

Thank You,

Lucy 1

Loco Bill Canelos

Lucy 1,

I understand what you have, unfortunately it is a very old model from 1989 and parts are definitely no longer available.   

It might be possible for you to try epoxy glue on the parts.  You can send pictures to my email and I will try to see if I have any other ideas.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

norman

Hi LUCY1:

You have the Bachmann Columbia loco.

The next version of this loco is the Indie 2-6-0 loco.

The draw bar between the loco and tender may be the same part for the Indie loco.

Telephone Bachmann parts dept and ask to speak with someone in largescale parts.

Asl Loco Bill of Mr. Bachmann for the 800 telephone number.

There is a "lifetime" warranty on this loco. Maybe the Bachmann parts dept will swap you a 2-6-0 Indie loco for your mail in of your 2-4-0 Columbia loco.

Norman

lucy 1

Norman,
Thank you for the info. I am going
to stay with what I have.
Lucy 1

Barry BBT

Lucy,

I just went through one of my "parts" boxes and found a 2 wheel truck from a 2-4-2, can't tell if it is the pilot or the trail truck, but if I had to guess it would be the trail truck.

Send me your ship to address and it is yours.

Barry,

www.barrysbigtrains@live.com
623-936-6088
There are no dumb questions.

Barry BBT

Lucy,

I guess I forgot to add "no charge".

Barry
There are no dumb questions.

lucy 1

Barry,
Thank you, I've sent you a
private e-mail.
Lucy 1

bnsonger47

As it so happens, I'm cleaning out some of my Bachmann G things and have a Columbia. The body and all are in great shape. The gears, however, aren't. Nice looking engine on the smaller side, which, in prototype, they were. The Columbia has an interesting history.

It's available for the cost of postage/shipping. I'm not about to quibble over value. We're downsizing and getting ready to go full timing in our motorhome in 20 months.
Byron Songer
Victorian Crossing
Louisville, KY