News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New announcement

Started by Royce Wilson, July 24, 2013, 10:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Wilson

Is there not any excitement about the announcement of the HO Porter 0-6-0T?

Royce

jettrainfan

I'm tempted to buy one just to do small yard jobs around the club layout. My 0-6-0 saddle tank was a good engine (randomly died so probably need a new decoder), along with the GE 70 ton. Big things come in little packages.   ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

WoundedBear

Quote from: Royce Wilson on July 24, 2013, 10:10:07 AM

Royce

As much of a fan of small and/or geared steam as I am......unfortunately.....no.

Sid

BaltoOhioRRfan

Quote from: WoundedBear on July 24, 2013, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: Royce Wilson on July 24, 2013, 10:10:07 AM

Royce

As much of a fan of small and/or geared steam as I am......unfortunately.....no.

Sid

same with me. I would have perfered a 2-4-4 forney like the ones in On30.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Royce Wilson

Bachmann really would creat a stir if they made that forney in HOn30 to run on N scale track and follow up with freight cars like the On30 line.

Royce

BaltoOhioRRfan

id like a standard scale one. B&O used em for for the Staten Island service they had.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Royce Wilson

At the NMRA show in Atlanta there was a guy that has made an announcement of some pre civil war HO engines.

Royce

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: BaltoOhioRRfan on July 24, 2013, 03:14:12 PM
I would have perfered a 2-4-4 forney like the ones in On30.

That would be kinda cool, especially if it were flexible enough to operate on tight radii.

Seems to me I once saw an eBay offering for something similar in wheel arrangement. I seem to remember it was kitbashed out of an old Rivarossi/AHM 2-4-0.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Royce Wilson on July 25, 2013, 01:38:40 PM
At the NMRA show in Atlanta there was a guy that has made an announcement of some pre civil war HO engines.

Royce

Those could be interesting. I wonder how "pre" they're going to be? The mid- to late-1850s saw some nice looking locomotives.

Doneldon

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on July 26, 2013, 12:02:27 PM
I wonder how "pre" they're going to be? The mid- to late-1850s saw some nice looking locomotives.

J-J

Absolutely. That was the peak of the ornate railroad engine era. Locomotives started to be toned down during the Civil War and that trend continued until most of them had mere utilitarian design. Besides, you can pack more railroading in when you use small locos and 20' or 28' freight cars and passenger equipment the size of or only a bit larger than the 40' freight cars which dominated railroad consists for most of the 20th Century.
                                                                                                                          -- D

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on July 26, 2013, 11:59:50 AM
Quote from: BaltoOhioRRfan on July 24, 2013, 03:14:12 PM
I would have perfered a 2-4-4 forney like the ones in On30.

That would be kinda cool, especially if it were flexible enough to operate on tight radii.

Seems to me I once saw an eBay offering for something similar in wheel arrangement. I seem to remember it was kitbashed out of an old Rivarossi/AHM 2-4-0.

I know that the brass HO versions of the Forney sell for a premium whenever they appear for sale.

I wonder if Bachmann's going to let Blackstone do any HOn3 Forney engines, the HOn3 Blackstone engines and their rolling stock set the bar for detail,
Pacific Northern

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Doneldon on July 26, 2013, 05:34:15 PM
Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on July 26, 2013, 12:02:27 PM
I wonder how "pre" they're going to be? The mid- to late-1850s saw some nice looking locomotives.

J-J

Absolutely. That was the peak of the ornate railroad engine era. Locomotives started to be toned down during the Civil War and that trend continued until most of them had mere utilitarian design. Besides, you can pack more railroading in when you use small locos and 20' or 28' freight cars and passenger equipment the size of or only a bit larger than the 40' freight cars which dominated railroad consists for most of the 20th Century.
                                                                                                                          -- D

D,

Absolutely! That's why most of my rolling stock would qualify as "old-timer."

J.B.J.

Doneldon

Quote from: Pacific Northern on July 26, 2013, 07:06:22 PM
I wonder if Bachmann's going to let Blackstone do any HOn3 Forney engines, the HOn3 Blackstone engines and their rolling stock set the bar for detail,

PacNo-

Are you implying that Bachmann owns Blackstone? That's news to me, which is not, by the way, any kind of criticism or contradiction. It's just that I didn't know.

I'm surprised that the Blackstone logo doesn't appear on this site with the others in the Bachmann train family. Blackstone is certainly a well-respected, if a little pricey, name. I would think they'd want to build that up.

I most certainly agree that Blackstone's products are well built and detailed.

-- D

Bucksco

Bachmann does not own Blackstone models. Blackstone is a division of SoundTraxx.

Doneldon

YM-

Thanx for setting me straight.

-- D