Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Williams Locos Wanted

Started by prrhorseshoecurve, July 27, 2013, 12:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillyreading

Quote from: jpstrainyard on August 20, 2013, 07:18:13 PM
JP of Acton MA, USA writes,

WBB should do Plymouth Switchers, and Porter 0-4-0s, just like the ones that K-Line by Lionel produced

-JP

To me there is more then plenty of Plymouth switchers already on the market. I don't think that would be a wise investment at this time, give it a few years.

Lee F.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: dtpowell on August 23, 2013, 09:07:58 PM
To "Scale out" the "Semi-scale" Toy trains would be to eliminate a long standing and cherished product line.

Yea! Why doesn't everyone else scale down a bit, detail can still be there :D. Gauge isn't right either way. ;D
One definition of what exactly semi scale means http://www.thortrains.net/027stand.htm

Quote from: Srcjo on July 27, 2013, 02:28:30 PM
Toys Rule!!  ;D
Yep. :D

DominicMazoch

I have used LED replacement BA9's, and the look is outstanding.  And LED's have less heat!

Pa.Railfan

These are my Williams Brass RF-16's custom painted for the Wellsville Addison and Galeton. Plus a Williams Brass Caboose
painted for the WAG, A+B units on my layout. I know the WAG never ran RF-16's but I always wished they did. I'm a huge
RF-16 Fan. Also my Brass Caboose from Williams is a Pennsy, ( Roof Antenna's ) but I figure on my Layout they purchased
an old PRR Caboose for use.

Pa. Railfan 

Pa.Railfan

My custom Painted Williams NW2 in Wellsboro and Corning paint with a Williams NC5 Caboose. Wellsboro and
Corning never had a Caboose but on my Layout they do. Enjoy. Longtime Williams Operator.

Pa. Railfan

Pa.Railfan

Custom Painted Williams RF-16's for the Monongahela. Accurate numbering on the double A units. I choose the
1210 and 1216 as only these units had the MRY emblem on the front. For Monongahela Fans everyone is more
familiar with the 1205 + 1216 but the 1205 never wore the MRY front emblem. Enjoy.

Pa. Railfan

M1FredQ

DominicM

Where do you get those LED BA9's?

Are they easy to install ??

DominicMazoch

In Houston, ACE Electronics, on Antione, just south of 34th street.

tsched

Been thinking how I'd like to have a set of F3s painted for Burlington Northern, my former employer.  I could use them in both passenger and freight service.

r0gruth

To me it seems that it is not really necessary to have a lot of road names from WBB.
Looks as if you guys do real well repainting and lettering what is available to get what you want. :)
Roger

r0gruth

I do not usually add to these type of posts making suggestions because I think the companies probably are more aware of what is selling,and that is there primary concern,know what will sell.
BUT an O gauge model of the PRR saddle-tanker shown on the home page would be very nice.
Roger

shurlock0

Yes we need O scale e60's and Metroliners in scale not the 031 toy.

r0gruth

I don't know who buys what,maybe Bachmann does,but it seems to me that the "O31 toy" is the backbone of the hobby.
Other companies are making beautiful scale locos that need a much larger track radius on which to run.The Williams locos
of any type are reliable,well made and affordable.
IMO if Bachmann thought scale E-60s and Metroliners would sell they would have them made.
Roger

phillyreading

How come nobody is mentioning stuff like the U-33C or U-boats as I have heard them called? Another caboose design(other then the N5c) would be excellent!

Lee F.

Cobrabob8

Perhaps an Alco RS11 would ne a nice addition to the Williams by Bachmann line???
An Alco S2 would be great also. Something other than EMD NW2 switchers on my layout would be a nice change.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."