News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

International postage

Started by JLK2707, July 31, 2013, 04:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Why is it that I cannot have items from your parts department sent to Australia like I used to many times before? :'( What has changed?

InsideTrack

You can still have parts sent to Australia; we cannot ship products from our new online Web Store.
If you are having problems ordering parts, please contact our Parts Department directly at parts@bachmanntrains.com.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: InsideTrack on July 31, 2013, 09:53:30 AM
You can still have parts sent to Australia; we cannot ship products from our new online Web Store.

Just curious, why not?

3rail

Dear All,

Regarding Parts.: Due to changes in the United States Postal service rate server, we are experiencing problems and cannot calculate foreign shipping rates.  We are working to resolve this problem and apologize for the inconvenience.  We can still accept orders via telephone at 215-533-1600 for orders outside the United States.

GG1,

You asked why we do not ship outside the US from our webstore.  There are two reasons for this. The first one has to do with power requirements.  Our power supplies come with 110 v transformers.  The other reason is licensed products.  We are only allowed to ship items like Chuggington, Thomas and Friends, and Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey to specified areas that are covered by our agreements.  The shopping cart program that we use does not easily allow us to set "rules" that will automatically control where we can ship specific items.  We are working on modifying the programming, but this is going to take some time to complete this task.

Regards,

3rail

Doneldon

3rail-

Thank you for your clear and complete explanation of what went into the company's decision not to directly sell outside of the States. Although I'm sure some readers will be frustrated by the policy, I hope they can appreciate that there are distinct issues which led to the decision.

-- D

rogertra

Quote from: Doneldon on August 05, 2013, 01:19:03 AM
3rail-

Thank you for your clear and complete explanation of what went into the company's decision not to directly sell outside of the States. Although I'm sure some readers will be frustrated by the policy, I hope they can appreciate that there are distinct issues which led to the decision.                                                                                                                            -- D

Does this decision not to directly sell outside of the States also effect Canada?

WoundedBear

Not exactly sure when this supposedly went into effect......the admin doesn't say.....but, I had placed an order for parts on July 6/13 and the website seemed to have no trouble figuring in the 12.55 extra for postage. The package arrived about 9 days later. No hassles or headaches.

Want to bet they eventually turn into another company that won't ship outside the US? I'm running into more and more of them everyday.....not just in this hobby either. I actually had a Yankee tell me once that he couldn't ship to Canada because "we don't do overseas orders". I couldn't even reply back to that....I just hung up and called his competition. ;D

Sid

3rail

Dear All,

Let's make this clear.  There are two web stores.  Parts web store and products web store.

Parts.
On July 28 the United States Postal service made changes to their rates AND names of their services.  So for  Wounded Bear this was before the change was made. They issued 10 days notice to users of their web based rate look-up.  This has required programmers to make changes to the shopping cart program and this new code is in the debugging process.  This is a temporary situation and it will be resolved as soon as possible. We will continue to sell parts outside the United States.

Products webstore
Right now we are selling to US and Canada through this webstore.  We can do this because of the reasons explained above.  Once we can configure the program to accept selected merchandise to specific countries, we we move forward to sell the items worldwide that can be sold according to our agreements.

Regards,

3rail

GG1onFordsDTandI

I just knew there was a good reason. Thanks 3rail.