News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yellow Pine Lumber?

Started by Jerry McColgan, July 31, 2013, 11:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McColgan

There are several Bachmann Loco's marked Yellow Pine Lumber. I've done a little research on the Internet and found very little about a Yellow Pine Lumber Company.

Is there a special reason why Bachmann has focused on the Yellow Pine lumber Company (amongst others)? Is it the West Yellow Pine Lumber Company?

Is there a good website or forum with more information on the Yellow Pine Lumber Company?

Just curious.

Thanks,

Jerry

the Bach-man

Dear Jerry,
Over the years Mr. Riley and I have come up with several generic sounding roadnames in LS and On30 to make them usable for modelers across the country.  These include Yellow Pine Lumber, Midwest Quarry, Colorado Mining, and Pocahontas Lumber, as well as fictional names like Greenbrier & Big Run and Chesapeake & Delaware.  At one show an "expert" insisted that the C&D tank cars were black, not silver... very amusing!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Jerry McColgan

Hi Mr. Bach-Man,

Obviously you have achieved your goal. I like to have an idea of what the manufacturer had in mind and I appreciate your thoughts on this.

"Have fun!"

If more "experts" would simply understand this...

Thank you,

Jerry

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Jerry, Well, there was a Yellow Pine Lumber Company in Goodyear, Mississippi.

http://www.lib.usm.edu/legacy/archives/m134.htm

Might be fun to research!

The Bachamnn  and Lee Riley definitely came up with some good names.

Did the Bachmann come up with the North Pole and Southern name and the Christmas cars as well.   The Mrs Claus Eggnog tank car was a great one!!   
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jerry McColgan

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the link. It was interesting to read.

I am in central Arkansas and apparently there were somewhere around 50 railroads (mainly logging) in Arkansas as the forests were harvested.

Although I am not a native Arkansan I still find the railroad history of Arkansas to be fascinating. Fortunately there were several good books written about Arkansas railroads. I am always looking for connections (no matter how small) of other railroads (or often railroad owners) from out of Arkansas.

Your reference is a lot closer than the West Yellow Pine Lumber Company of Florida.

In the end, imagination trumps reality.

Jerry