bachmann n scale new release turntable specs please

Started by kewatin, August 12, 2013, 11:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James in FL

Hi Joe,

Always good to hear from you.

This is the quandary some are in.

Many of us have most, if not all, the Steam Bachmann produces.
We have the 0-6-0, 2-6-0, 2-6-2, 2-8-0, 4-4-0, and the 4-6-0. We think should all fit on this new turntable.
Then we have the 2-10-2, 2-6-6-2, 4-8-2 (heavy and light versions), 4-8-4 (northern), 4-8-4 (J), 2-8-8-4, and the just announced 2-8-4 (Berk). We think will not fit.
Please understand we are not trying to be critical.
We are just wondering, out loud, why the turntable is being designed to accomadate only 6 of 14  steam locos Bachmann produces (< 45%).
We are fully aware some modelers do not have the real estate to accommodate a large turntable and roundhouse complex.
But, as Tony mentioned, a turntable at the end of the line with a simple sanding and watering facility would require very little ( a 12" x 12" will accommodate a 120' table) for something that would hold everything B-mann makes.
This would require no more area, maybe less, then a wye would.
The real estate required would be the same as a standard floor tile.
Yet another consideration is the diesel DD40 and the NS heritage locos should B-mann bring them to n.

Again, not trying to be critical or start a flame war. Just wondering out loud.
One can only hope the delay has something to do with someone at Bachmann thinking these same things and considering these questions.

Then again... maybe it will hit the shelves later this month.
FWIW I don't have a dog in this race.

Que Sera Sera

ryeguyisme

It does make me wonder why Bachmann went with so small of a deck length, it's like cutting out tender steam locos almost altogether, and the indexing spacing looks like it would look better in HOn30

If the bridge was a decent length to even handle a 2-6-6-2 I would've considered getting into N-Scale EZ-track