Original Six NHL HO train set - heavy caboose?

Started by ctunited, August 23, 2013, 06:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Thanks Jeff, but I wish you had given me that info a year ago when I had asked/posted if it was possible to fit a Bachmann FT shell on a Bachmann F7 chassis. You're info then was a little diffrent, but I ended up being able to accomplish the switch anyway :D

jbrock27

Re: Current Bachmann "Blue Box" FTA offering and motor replacement.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you both for taking the time to send your replies.  The locomotive I bought for my son, is Bachmann's current Blue Box locomotive, FTA model.  It has a can motor w/o the flywheels.  The heart of my question is, can the shell from this model be placed on either a Bachmann Spectrum or a Bachmann Plus F7 or FTA chasis?

Thanks very much for the help.

jward

Re: Current Bachmann "Blue Box" FTA offering and motor replacement.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

probably not. the ft is slightly shorter than the f7.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

jb,

I have since leaned the chassis are in fact one and the same. so I stand corrected.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jbrock27

No worries Jeff, the opportunity presented itself and I was just having a little fun :D
It made sense to me that Bachmann like any other manufacturer would not go through the expense of making a different chassis for each the FT and F7 since they look so similar to the eye.   So I went for it and it paid off.  Learned something in the process.  All good!!
You, certainly among several others here have been very helpful to me on more than one occasion.
Keep Calm and Carry On