News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Re-Railers???

Started by rbryce1, August 25, 2013, 08:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

Roger-

Again, I'm with you almost all of the way. I do think rerailers might have a place at the end of a yard ladder where there are so many complex forces acting on the wheels that a derailment might occur, and it's better there than out on the mainline at speed when there might be a full blown train wreck with concomitant damage. They're also appropriate as guard rails on turnouts and, especially, bridges, again because the consequences of a derailment could be pretty bad, but also because they are prototypical. But there is certainly no substitute for workmanlike building and systematic inspection and maintenance of all of the parts of a railroad, moving or still.
                                                                                                                                                                    -- D

jbrock27

Roger, I think you are missing rb1's problem here-he was not complaining about derailments all over his layout, but derailments caused by his Bachmann re-railers.  Unless I am overlooking something, he was not talking about a problem with trackwork, only the Bachman re-railers.

I have wanted to ask you Roger, if the GER was so wonderful, why did you end up throwing it in the dumpster??
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

jbrock

QuoteRoger, I think you are missing rb1's problem here-he was not complaining about derailments all over his layout, but derailments caused by his Bachmann re-railers.

I think you missed his question. rbryce1 was complaining the re-railers were not re-railing the cars, not derailing them. The de-rails happened before the re-railers.
The OP also stated his de-railments do not occur often. This is where Roger is implying that there may be a problem elsewhere, cars, track, weight or whatever.
No one can say they never have derailments but rbryce is looking for the specially designed track to do it's job.

As for Rogers GER I believe he moved into a new house and had to dismantle the old GER. I don't think all went into the dumpster. Look at his railway and you will see much of the same buildings and such.
By the way Roger how is the GER coming along?
Jerry

rbryce1

It seems the Bachmann Yardmaster again felt my comments were what he considered to be of a bad tone and again removed them.  To agan state my response, I know why they do not work, I am going to replace the problem items, not try and correct them.  I hope this tone is mild enough to stay.

jbrock27

I am not sure Jerry that the derailments were occurring before the rerailers and not bc of the B-mann rerailers, but I would prefer rb1 clarify that.

I see you persist in answering questions posed to others, on their behalf.  You must have a large sum of retainer fees:

Roger Traviss...   
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:10 pm   

Quote:
Photos of the late GER: -
http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/

"late" ?

OK, I'm just an occasional lurker. It sounds like you no longer have the
layout.
Do you care to explain what happened to cause you to no longer have it?

I moved. It didn't. Well it did, it went into the dumpster.

--
Roger Traviss

Photos of the late GER: -
http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/

For more photos not in the above album and kitbashes etc..:-
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/rogertra/Great_Easter
Keep Calm and Carry On

rbryce1

jbrock27,

I have on several occasions recently tried to do what you asked, but was censored by the Yardmaster, most likely because he did not like that I had a problem with the Bachmann product and found a compeditor's product that did work correctly.   To answer your questions, I have never had de-railing problems that were not self inflicted.  I have had constant problems with the Bachmann re-railer not functioning as a re-railer like it is suppose to.  Again, I have no de-railing problems other than ones I have caused myself.  I have found a fix with another product and will use it instead.

jbrock27

rb1, I saw your original answer about this posted yesterday.  Jerry must have missed seeing it before it disappeared.  I have no idea why the Overlords or anyone else would have taken exception to your stating that rather than repair the defective Bachmann rerailers, you will be replacing them with those made by another brand.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Thanks for clarifying rb1.  I will save your answer and forward to Jerry in case he misses it again in the event it gets expunged before he can read again where your problems truly were.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Bucksco

Everyone's concern about the rerailer design is noted. This thread is being locked since it has run it's course.