Differences in modeling throughout the world

Started by GG1onFordsDTandI, September 08, 2013, 01:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG1onFordsDTandI

Ive been on more trains than planes while traveling;D And prefer it that way! ;) Unless I was in control 8)... :-\... Better scratch that :o
Id rather drive the train 8)

The Zephyr domed observation car  :-* art deco perfection, "Head-end-to-toe" in Silver, a Lady :D   

Desertdweller

Yes, indeed!

I've ridden in a couple of the CZ obs cars (unless it was the same one twice).  One I remember riding was the "Silver Solarium".

I you were riding in one of these, where would you prefer, the teardrop end lounge or the dome?

I rode in all the dome cars I could, and it's a good thing I did, although I never thought they would all disappear like they did.

Rode in the two CB&Q originals, "Silver Dome" and "Silver Castle".  Got run out of a GN "Great Dome" (it was for first-class only and I just had a coach ticket).  All the Budd domes were nice, as were the Milwaukee Road "Superdomes".

Probably the most unusual one I ever rode was a NP dome sleeper with a lounge in the dome.  It had tables like a UP dome diner.  NP added lounge space in the dome when they pulled the obs cars off the "North Coast Limited".

Les