News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-4-0 Side tank Porter

Started by DTRAINS, February 12, 2007, 08:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTRAINS

I hope to buy one of the new side tank Porters soon.First I would like to hear from people that have one of the new ones.The good and the bad.If it's like the old one it will keep on going.
  Thanks,David

Jon D. Miller

I think you would be well pleased with this latest side tank Porter.

There is a detailed review of the Porter published at Large Scale on Line.  Variety of pictures that show both outside and inside features of the Porter.
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Pospete

It's a great little work horse!   I am so glad i got one.   Not found anything wrong with it either, tho a slight complaint is that when I installed the sound, the speaker is baffled a bit too much and it's quite quiet, even on full volume.  Apart from that I am very pleased overall.

cjwalas

I'm also very happy with mine. It runs very smoothly and has a much more robust drive train than the previous version.  No problems whatsoever.
Chris

Steve Stockham

I'm extremely satisfied with mine as well! They took what was a great little engine and re-did it in Fn3! ;D The new side tank Porter is a great addition to the Spectrum line!

John B

Maine 2 Foot

For those who have one already......what is the driver size/diameter and the wheelbase of the drivers, axle to axle? Looks like a good candidate for a project I have in mind. At the very least if I didn't bash it I would like to have one just for the good looks!

Vinc

Jon D. Miller

Vinc.
Driver diameter is 1 3/8" and wheel base is 2 3/16".  These measurements match those of the Saddle Tank Porter.  The wheel base is exactly the same as that of both the Saddle Tank Porter (1:20.3) and the Side Tank Porter (1:22.5).

Having posted these measurements, I will say that the measurements were not made with a caliper that reads out to .0000. 

If you want, contact me off net and I'll send you a detailed review of the Porter that also contains 27 photos that highlight both external and internal details.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

DTRAINS

Thanks everyone for the input and the great photos.I hope to have one of the new Porters soon.Sounds like a great loco.My old one keeps on going,it's survived alot,like an 11' fall off my porch,and has run many actual miles.
     Thanks,David