Best seller in the UK to purchase Bachmann Branchline?

Started by raveoned, September 23, 2013, 03:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raveoned

I'm starting to get more heavily into the European trains, with emphasis on British and German styles.

I have more updated Fleischmann and Piko HO, but the UK equipment I have consists of older Hornby and Tri-Ang (including a well played with but very well running 1953 R3X Goods Train Set!)

I wanted to get some of the Bachmann Branchline equipment for my daily running, just a couple of small steam switchers and goods wagons.

Is there any dealer or stockist in the UK that anyone in the US knows of that is good on price and ships to the US?

Hunt

Assume you are in US (since you are looking for shipping to the US)...   Check out Models11, it is in the US, San Antonio, TX

Click Here for Models11 website.

raveoned

I am in the US, and thank you so much for that link!  Unfortunately, I've now found so many things on there to spend money on!

CNE Runner

I, too, am 'dabbling' in English railway modeling. I have had excellent service from E. Hatton's in Liverpool, UK. They regularly ship to the U.S. and do not add the VAT to their overseas prices. You will wait a bit longer than shipment from a U.S. firm...but not all that much longer. E. Hatton's website is http://www.ehattons.com/

Assuming you are not a Brit, I strongly suggest you procure/subscribe to Railway Modelling, The Hornby Magazine and/or Model Rail magazines. Additionally be prepared to learn a new lexicon of railway terms when delving into English railway modeling; but that is all part of the fun.

Cheers,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

rogertra

Quote from: CNE Runner on September 24, 2013, 12:11:15 PM
I, too, am 'dabbling' in English railway modeling. I have had excellent service from E. Hatton's in Liverpool, UK. They regularly ship to the U.S. and do not add the VAT to their overseas prices. You will wait a bit longer than shipment from a U.S. firm...but not all that much longer. E. Hatton's website is http://www.ehattons.com/

Cheers,
Ray

VAT is always deducted from overseas shipments, even USA sales taxes are deducted when shipping to a foreign country, like Canada.

IIRC, it's an international postal union agreement.

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I am dabbling in British model trains and would definitely recommend A Bachmann Branchline GWR 57XX or Bachmann Branchline Class A1 Tornado. Both are good running models and the 57XX is a good starting point to try out British trains as it is well detailed and a very reasonable price (I got one for about $75 before a decoder and the freight cars I got with it and shipping).

raveoned

Actually, I was seriously considering buying from Hattons!  I'm also a Beatles fan, so the fact that they're in Liverpool adds to the selling point of ordering from them!

I live in the US and not a Brit.  For some reason, I've just started to get more into British trains. 

If anyone from Bachmann is looking in, there is a girl who I've been emailing (I saw her model train videos on YouTube), and she loves the older Hornby equipment.  However, she told me that currently Bachmann makes the best OO that she runs now, saying Hornby is hit or miss.

Also, I have read some of those magazines, and they're fantastic to read!

genetk44

I'm in Montreal , have been modelling UK trains for about 10 years and am also a member of a british model railway club here. I also do most of my ordering from Hattons and i highly recommend them., usually takes about 4 days for an order to arrive here....there are other shops in the UK that are also good for online ordering...SWdigital for UK sound decoders as an example, Olivias Trains is pretty good also.
Some shops do not deduct the VAT off of your cost...but Hattons definitely do deduct it.

I tend to stick with Bachmann products  but Hornby do have some excellent locos and goods(freight)wagons.  Heljan also do some very good UK locos.

Good Luck
Gene