News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tyco: one of Bachmann's oldest rivals

Started by wiley209, September 28, 2013, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

JNXT-

I would guess that the people who buy Elvis trains are Elvis fans first and maybe not train types at all.

-- D

Desertdweller

This doesn't make sense to me.  I would think those Elvis fans would rather spend money on more traditional items, like black velvet paintings.

Les

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: raveoned on October 01, 2013, 02:25:35 PM
I remember our store having the G.I. Joe set, but no one wanted the A-Team one.

:(  I'm sorry to hear that. I was a big fan of the A-team.  :(

raveoned

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on October 02, 2013, 01:33:49 PM

I thought it was a cool set, but the store's customers were mainly purists, and even the G.I. Joe and the other theme ones were pushing the envelope where we were! 

I also remember my Dad telling some of the regular customers who didn't like Tyco's GG-1 to think of it as a Pennsy P5a Modified!

Jerrys HO

I pity the fool who doesn't like the A-Team. ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Jerry

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Jerrys HO on October 02, 2013, 06:32:11 PM

I pity the fool who doesn't like the A-Team. ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Jerry

;D  I wondered whether anyone would come up with a line like that.  ;D

BIG BEAR

I love it when a plan comes together!

Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: raveoned on October 02, 2013, 04:06:44 PM
I also remember my Dad telling some of the regular customers who didn't like Tyco's GG-1 to think of it as a Pennsy P5a Modified!
That's funny! :D

Quote from: Doneldon on October 01, 2013, 04:28:38 PM
JNXT-
I would guess that the people who buy Elvis trains are Elvis fans first and maybe not train types at all.
                                                                                                                                             -- D
Yet! ;)

Quote from: Desertdweller on October 01, 2013, 07:04:07 PM
This doesn't make sense to me.  I would think those Elvis fans would rather spend money on more traditional items, like black velvet paintings.
Les
Hopefully soon, they will want a black velvet painting of a locomotive ;D.

jward

so what about the turbo trains that climbed walls?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Quote from: jward on October 04, 2013, 08:56:38 AM

Jeff-

Aha! Magna-Traction comes to HO.

We had a M-T SW-7 when we were kids in the 50s. It pulled like a horse. We had about a ten perent grade between two 4x8s and that loco would pull everything we owned without even slowing down. Our little Prairie could barely get itself up the hill so we either had to use the SW-7 for the mainline or use it in helper service.
                                                                                                                                                                            -- D

utdave

Quote from: jward on October 04, 2013, 08:56:38 AM

i have 2 sets of turbos     they also jump .         in the future in my layout  i will set it up in my amusement park for the roller coaster.

my old F-7 tycos and Bachmanns shells  get a up_grade to new Bachmann chassis with dcc.     i only do the ones i like the best .  i still own my first tycos locos and cars  and a Santa Fe 4-8-4  long tender  with a pancake motor , i un geared it and put a dcc bachmann chassie in the tender    but it derails to easy  so it just sits for the plasticville children can play on it.   on my 4x8 sheet i had  2 rails powered separately  and ran 2 trains at once     later on i got the turbo train at a auction for 1 buck  and later on i got another with track problems for nothing.
to compare the 2  old timers for today's     no match at all     Dave

Doneldon

Has anyone seen the tiny (3mm gauge) T-scale trains from Japan? They are so small and light that they require magnetic wheels on steel rails. They can actually run upside down. They also go like crazy -- probably 200 smph. I'm thinking of using a set for a 'round the park ride.

-- D

ScottyB

Apologies if this has already been posted, but you could spend days on this site:

http://www.hoseeker.net/

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

jward

on a related note, just out of curiosity.....

the tyco diesels had wheelsets which were plastic on one side, and metal on the other. thus, they only pickup from one rail on each truck. has anybody ever made aftermarket replacement wheelsets that would allow them to have all wheel pickup?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA