News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Snow

Started by Fergusfan17, October 13, 2013, 05:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergusfan17

Could I use Insta-snow on my layout? Would it damage the trains and/or track at all? If so, alternatives?

ThomasBachannRemakes

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on October 13, 2013, 05:04:06 PM
Could I use Insta-snow on my layout? Would it damage the trains and/or track at all? If so, alternatives?
I really do not know.  :-[ I heard they used shaved glass for the TV show, but I don't know..   ???
~ThomasBachmannRemakes
Bringing you Thomas The Tank Engine Remakes since 2014!

Fergusfan17

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on October 13, 2013, 05:04:06 PM

GG1onFordsDTandI

Some online research into Christmas village type layouts may give you some interesting options, from white carpet, to foam. Try the keywords "Dept. 56"(a brand) +/-, layouts, Christmas, snow, train, etc. Its approaching that time of year so I imagine its an active topic somewhere out there. 

Anthony P2

A while back, maybe 4/5 years ago, I bought white fabric for the layout to look like snow. it works fine and when i'm done with the christmas layout, i just through the fabric in the washing machine and store it away for the next year.

PasqualeCS96

I have tried several different things, from using fake snow and sheets of a cotton-like material, but in the end it was just too much a hassle to clean up. Now I just laydown clean, white paper and fake snow in just a few areas.

Br 98.75

You can get it at local Table top wargaming dealer look for flames of war  or Warhammer 40,000

GG1onFordsDTandI

War strategy game shops are great places to find little bits of obscure odds and ends suitable for RR modeling. 8)

Br 98.75

With Games workshops green stuff(a two part epoxy that hardens to a plastic like state) i have rebuilt several locomotives. and mini-war gaming is were my modeling career started.