Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Let's See Some Of Your Work

Started by Guilford Guy, February 02, 2007, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Mmm, yes...

Remains of Flanger+Cabosoe

Crane, already lost its boom, and housing, and they started cutting into the other end...

The people doing the scrapping seemed friendly, friendly enough to let me onto the loco...
Alex

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

r.cprmier

The paint looks suspiciously like Floquil "rust".  (is it?)

Jist kidding.  Youse guys did a great job!  Wanna do my Honda?  I'd like it in Pullman Green with Imitation gold trim...

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

kevin2083

Quote from: r.cprmier on May 17, 2008, 11:48:55 AM

Jist kidding.  Youse guys did a great job!  Wanna do my Honda?  I'd like it in Pullman Green with Imitation gold trim...

The Old Reprobate

Not sure what kind of paint we used, but I do remember that it is water based. Not the best thing to use when it's raining.

about the Honda- if you supply the paint  ;D ;D
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: kevin2083 on May 18, 2008, 10:24:36 AM
Quote from: r.cprmier on May 17, 2008, 11:48:55 AM

The Old Reprobate

Not sure what kind of paint we used, but I do remember that it is water based. Not the best thing to use when it's raining.

about the Honda- if you supply the paint  ;D ;D

Heck, my dad has a 1969 Ponitac Grand Prix that is Pullman Green, but with silver trim, but it is real metal, likely chrome.
- Joshua Bauer

kevin2083

OK, here's something...different. It's a shortened Model Power GP7m shell on an Athearn S12 frame. I'm trying to put some EMD looking sideframes on the trucks. I need a name for it (not like"Bob", more like GP-something), so see what you guys can come up with.

I rearranged the junkyard, and this time I think I finally got it looking right.

re-did Placerville

I'm also working with with the track to see if I can get it to play nice with my 44 tonners. I pulled up the loop at Camino and expanded the lumber yard.
It looks like I'll finally be getting a new DCC system with lots of graduation money coming in.

Kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Conrail Quality

Excellent work on that locomotive. As for a name, what about GP-5L (the 'L" would be for 'low nose', or, if you want some thing more modern, what about MP-18? If it was an electric locomotive (or steam!), it would be PRR class AA-2, so that's another naming possibility.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Guilford Guy

What about a GPL9rm, like the SDL39's... with an rm like what CN did to their GP9's (chopnose etc)
Alex

Paul M.

Quote from: kevin2083 on May 20, 2008, 06:21:13 PM
OK, here's something...different. It's a shortened Model Power GP7m shell on an Athearn S12 frame. I'm trying to put some EMD looking sideframes on the trucks. I need a name for it (not like"Bob", more like GP-something), so see what you guys can come up with.

I rearranged the junkyard, and this time I think I finally got it looking right.

re-did Placerville

I'm also working with with the track to see if I can get it to play nice with my 44 tonners. I pulled up the loop at Camino and expanded the lumber yard.
It looks like I'll finally be getting a new DCC system with lots of graduation money coming in.

Kevin

The shortened geep looks cool, maybe a GP3....

doctorwayne,
those CN diesels look awesome! If you hadn't told me about them, I woulda thought it was photosphopped.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Jim Banner

I recently installed a TE track side receiver and a socket for a rechargeable drill battery in a Bachmann reefer.  It ran the train shown at the link below for four hours straight before it became necessary to change the battery.  Swapping batteries takes maybe 30 seconds.   

http://www.youtube.com/v/rYS_5gBMovE

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Steve Magee

Mostly a test to see if I got this image posting right. If it works I will even show a Bachmann loco next time :-)

Steve Magee
Newcastle NSW Aust

renniks

Some time ago I saw some cut-price Bach lowside gons so bought half a dozen.
   Removed side and end boards from all but one which had extra set of boards added to make a 4plank gon.
   A couple have been shortened for use on my portable layout with the smaller steam and diesel locos.

Shorty flat and 3 plank gon. Loco has scratch body on Model Power 0-4-0T chassis.

Built a small coaling stage with some of the boards.

rear view.

Got more ambitious and tried this

standard size tank on short chassis.

Then progressed to this.

Parts displaced to right are discarded.

reassembled. 5&1/8"L over end beams.

The rest of flats are "awaiting developements".

Eric UK

G]

Guilford Guy

I'm finishing up a GP9m for a friend...

IMHO it looks better
Alex

0n30nutz

On30 Consolidation, brass plow, brass beartrap stack, cab roof/tender deck painted oxide red, decals from Champ decal....DCC with new TCS decoder and Soundtraxx sound decoder...
  Interesting and fairly interesting bash that tends to get lots of comments/compliments..

Howard

If it ain't steam, it ain't...

pdlethbridge