News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Let's See Some Of Your Work

Started by Guilford Guy, February 02, 2007, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Santa Fe buff

Well then those stub switches are pretty good. But I still would like to stick to the ones I have, the non-stub ones. Thanks for the information, after all, up until now, I didn't know much about them. Thanks guys.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Now here's a question someone may be able to answer for me, how does a self guarding frog work, and is it any better than "normal" frogs?
Alex

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Jim Banner

I suspect the parts of the frog that are raised above the rails to guide the outer edges of the treads are high enough to interfere with snow plows and that is why we don't seem to see them in snow country.

Thanks, Joe, for the explanations.  I hadn't thought about  stub switches not filling with snow, but it makes sense.

Switch heaters are very common here in Saskatchewan.  I can remember a time when every switch had a broom and shovel next to the switch stand, at least at the start of winter.  Funny that in some areas it was hard to find a shovel or a broom by the end of winter and that people living in those areas almost never had to buy snow shovels or snow brushes.  I expect that the savings in shovels and brushes just about paid for all those expensive heaters. 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

grumpy

pdlethbridge

Back to stub switches, this EBT steamer has just crossed a 2 track stub and is next to a 3 way stub.

Guilford Guy

I saw a show on TV, and in it was a-get this- 5 way stub switch!

Heres a crummy cell phone picture of a couple locos I painted and suped(super detailed) for some friends. A third undec loco is arriving in the mail this week.
Alex

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

It has been a long time since I tried to post a pic here so I hope it comes thru.   It is a pic of my single stall engine house,  On30 - a kit from Banta.   I put aside the Banta roofing material and used Papercreek sheetmetal roofing material.   Remember,  this is paper roofing and is colored as you see it my Papercreek.  The only thing I did to the roof was to chalk in the stack runoff.

[  Oh well,  not pic but the address is there.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtbob

Oh......I did do it right.   Minor miracle.....
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

pdlethbridge

Guilford Guy

Alex

Wilf Read

Quote from: pdlethbridge on February 05, 2007, 06:16:50 PM
call first. By the way, there was a nasty train wreck in east rochester a couple of weeks ago. all cleaned up now and it happened a block away from despatch junction, our favorite train store.
Hi, I'm an old Rhodesia Railways Driver (retired in South Africa).  What I noticed was the spelling of despatch.  American English was to a small degree made simpler more than 100 years ago and the word became dispatch.  In South African English I would despatch a parcel to my mother and dispatch a chicken for supper.  But, because everybody now has MS Word on their computers and because this comes equipped with the American dictionary, many words here are constantly mispelled.  Your models are beautiful.  Your problems are just like those of a BIG railway.  Cheers.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Here is another pic of the Banta Engine House,  interior view.

The equipment is an EBT goose from Precison Scale,  the figures from Woodland Scenics,  and the interior equipment is a kit from Raggs to Riches.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress