Let's See Some Of Your Work

Started by Guilford Guy, February 02, 2007, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

Santa Fe buff

dang, I wish I had a camera... I just finished an Atheran bluebox kit... :(
- Joshua Bauer

kevin2083

As soon as I find my dad's camera, I'll have some pics of my reworked 44 tonner. I backdated it to a phase 1a then painted it as CPLT 102. Next up is CPLT 101, which I just now found a picture of after a few years of searching.

good to see these projects, keep 'em coming

----------------------------------------------------------

Update: I have my own camera now, so here are some things I've ben working on. This thread need to come back!

the beginings of CPLT 102....

...and the finished project. I actually painted it freehand because the masking tape wasn't working for me. The rest of the locos here were also painted freehand after I saw how well it turned out.

SP black widow GP-9. OLD Athearn shell with new trucks and motor. I made the handrails from copper wire and used Woodland Scenics dry transfer decals. DCC equipped with a MRC 1650 decoder.

SP F7A. Another old Athearn shell with a new motor. Those are a pair of cast-metal trucks it's riding on ;D. Woodland scenics dry transfers here too

SP black widow F7A dummy. Re-worked Life-Like shell on an Athearn frame

then there's this.....a GP20 shell I dug out of the parts bin, but I wasn't able to find the front steps. I took some off of another shell in the bin. I don't know who made it, how old it is, or where the frame went. It now rides on an Athearn GP9 frame. I'm still not sure if I'm going to paint it for SP or UP.....

and finally, yet another Athearn GP9

______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

kevin2083

______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||