News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Delta trailing trucks

Started by Atlantic Central, February 12, 2007, 04:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Central

Dear Bach Man,

Any chance of getting some of those delta trailing trucks that are now being supplied extra in the newest runs of the Heavy Mountain.

I'm sure they would sell well. I would take at least 6, I know steamgene wants some.

I'll bet half the people who have bought Mountains and 2-6-6-2's would buy them to upgrade their locos.

This is another example of the need for a real parts department.

Sheldon

SteamGene

If they fit, I'd get Delta trailing trucks for all my light Mikes, light Pacifics, light Mountains, and Texans.  That would be about 15.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Dear Sheldon and Gene,
I agree. I'll keep pushing...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

SteamGene

Thanks.  Should I ask my cousin Luigi in New Jersey to help you "push"?   :o
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Bill Baker

Hmmmm, Luigi in Joisey?  Is that Luigi "the whacker"?

I could use 4 sets myself too.
Bill

SteamGene

Cousin Luigi used to make fish feeders for some organizations with foreign names.   An independent contractor, he says.  He's retired now, but still keeps a few sacks of cement and old washtubs in his basement.  "Fur ole time's sake," he says. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Nigel

Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

SteamGene

I can't speak for Sheldon, but the one I have requires more soldering ability than I currently have.  Also, please note the price. 
I don't think Athearn has any Delta trailing trucks. 
Bowser might. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Bill Baker

Nigel,

Thanks for the links.  Do you know what is meant by "requiring 45 inch wheels"?  Am I correct in assuming that the trailing trucks do not come with wheels?

Bill
Bill

SteamGene

Bill, they do not come with wheels.   You will have to order 45" diameter wheels for the trailing trucks.  They also come in about four pieces which must be soldered together. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Bill Baker

Thanks Gene.  That does it, I too have limited soldering ability so I'll wait until Bachmann comes out with some....if they ever do. (hint, hint Mr. B)

As far as the Walthers link Nigel provided, they do show wheels in the picture.  Seems a little misleading in a way.  It would also be nice if they would mention that assembly is required.
Bill

SteamGene

Mantua has a Delta trailing truck.  Unfortunately, it works only for Mantua locomotives as the swing arms are much too small for any other model.  :(
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Atlantic Central

OK,

Anyone who buys a new Heavy Mountain with sound and is not going to use the extra Delta trailing truck, I will be happy to purchase them from you.

That encludes the Bachmann service department, who I plan to write to about this soon.

Sheldon

SteamGene

Likewise, I'm sure.  Do all the heavy Mountains with sound come with Delta trailing trucks as extras? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Atlantic Central

Gene,

It seems that all the new Heavies with sound have the Delta truck included extra and all the new Santa Fe's with sound have the older style included extra.

I observed this at one of our local shops that sells/stocks a lot of Bachmann. The new sound locos are in clear view packaging and regardles of road name, they all had an extra trailing truck.

If they are making all those, surely they can send Phily a hundred or so.

I don't know if newer runs of any of these locos without sound have them as the packaging appears to be the same as before for the non sound units.

My offer stands, I will buy surplus Deltas from anyone not planning to use theirs

Sheldon