News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Wireless DCC

Started by choochootrains, December 13, 2012, 05:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choochootrains

I was thinking of buying a NCE ProCab, but on the NCE DCC Yahoo group I see alot of problems everyday.  I have Kato Unitrack and 5 Kato turnouts, and I am building a 4x8 N scale layout. I have NCE Switch-Kat decoders because they have a connection for small switch indicator lights; I understand that they would work with the Dynamis system, yes?
My question concerns the number of track feeder wires for DCC.  If I was building a DC layout I would have to have 12 blocks.   I was told on another forum  that 12 track feeder wires  was excessive for my size DCC system, and I was told by others that 12 feeders was a good idea to insure good power. Would there be a problem with Kato Unitrack  feeder wires connecting  to the Dynamis system? Thanks.   

Nathan

I have been using the NCE Power Cab for several years and never had a problem.  They just came out with a firmware upgrade for the unit that allows 4 total cabs.

You can never have too many track feeders.

richg

When reading a Group, find out what their DCC experience is. A fair amount of time, some users have little experience with DCC and blame the product.
Some cannot seem to follow the instructions.
Look carefully through their messages and you can easily pick that out.
To be fair, for whatever reason, some have to be led by the hand, a few every step of the way.
I have had the Power Cab for a few years and take it to the club where we have the 5 amp Power Pro.
I know many who use the product with no issues.
I read of some happy with the EZ Command and the Dynamis. I have also read of some who have issues with those two systems.
A little example. A few come into the Bachmann forums and go right to the General forum to ask a question, no matter what the scale. The scales are clearly marked.
Some never look though the complete site, either.

Rich

Rich

19NHRR55

I have an E-Z command set(the basic). Can I integrate the Dynamis with the basic? Are they two separate systems? I'm not DCC savvy but would like to expand the basic system. Thanks. John

Jerrys HO

Quote from: 19NHRR55 on October 18, 2013, 02:26:07 PM
I have an E-Z command set(the basic). Can I integrate the Dynamis with the basic? Are they two separate systems? I'm not DCC savvy but would like to expand the basic system. Thanks. John

The only thing you can upgrade on the EZ Command is adding the walk around companion to it. The Dynamis and EZ Command are two separate systems.

Jerry

19NHRR55