News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound

Started by jim ross, September 14, 2007, 02:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim ross

I want to add sound to my On30 locos, I understand the installation of the tsunami but don't understand
what I need for the controller, my operation is very small but would like to add sound. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

jim

amdaylight

Jim,

To really get the most out of a Tsunami you should have a DCC system. There are several advantages to this in that your layout wiring will be simplified, you could control more than one locomotive at one time, and several people could run locomotives at the same time to name just a few advantages. There is several good starter level DCC systems out on the market place now, Bachmann, NCE, Digatrax, MRC are some of the systems available as starter sets. I would recommend that before you buy one of these that you do some research on each. I would recommend on an open ended system that you can add on to and one that follows the DCC standards as set by the NMRA. Another thing to consider is what are the modelers in your local area using. This way if you have a question you could ask one of the local modelers or your local hobby shop that is closest to you for help.

Now I prefer NCE but that is a personal choice as a lot of my friends are using Digatrax. I find that the NCE controller is easier to use than the Digatrax controller. NCE has a truly wire less radio controller that does not need to be plugged in to acquire a locomotive where the radio controller for Digatrax has to be plugged in to acquire a locomotive and then you unplug and run your locomotive.

I hope this has been of some help.

Andre  :)