News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann turntable

Started by Mr. C, October 23, 2013, 12:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. C

Has anyone had trouble with setting up the tt in either dc or dcc.I cannot get it to work either way.I don't have directions.

Jerrys HO

Mr.C

I can only speak for DCC on this. To get power to the bridge your main track has to come in on the forth indexing track to the left of the motor shed if you are standing behind the shed. Once connected to the main track NO other track from the tt can connect to the main line without isolating the track from the main track. Meaning there can be only one source of power coming into the tt, any other track hooked to the turntable would create a short.

Jerry

hawaiiho

I have a DCC layout.  I connected ONE of my mainlines via a spur to the turntable's fourth track position.

So my turntable and associated sidings track are DCC.

I then connected  the operation control and power to rotate the turntable using the supplied switch box and an old spare Bachmann

DC controller and wall wart as in the DC setup instrucions.  The direction of rotation is controlled by the supplied switch box and the speed of rotation

is controlled by the throttle knob of the Bachmann DC contoller. No DCC Decoder is needed using that configuration. I find this gives by much better

adjustment of the speed of rotation than using a DCC decoder in the turntable.

Hope this helps.

Will