News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track with TechII

Started by sperzel121, December 04, 2013, 07:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sperzel121

Hello,
I am new to the forum and have a Bachman collectable NFL series with EZ Trac.  I also have a TechII transformer.  Is it possible to use these two together?

richg

You did not say what scale. I am assuming HO scale.
If the power pack is 0 to 12 vdc, it will work. Notice ALL the forums. There are different scales.

Rich

jward

yes you can use the two together, but you may have to cut the plug off one end of the wire from the power supply to the track. the tech 2 power terminals are screws.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Len

Or, if you don't want to cut up a cord with a plug, purchase a terminal/rerailer section that comes with a power wire that has spade lugs to go under screws on one end.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

HOART

Len's advice is correct and the best way to go .I have five EZ tracks connected to three Tech Two's this way ..One throttle is use to control power to lights .Art

Desertdweller

Tech IIs are excellent power packs for DC operation.  I have used them with EZ Track for years with no problems.

You can attach forked spade terminals to you track leads to hook to the screws on the power pack.  Or, you can forget about terminal tracks and solder the wires directly to the rails.

Or, if you use block control, you put your block selector switches in one side of the circuit between power pack and track.

Tech II power packs are made specifically for different scales.  If you get one designed for your scale, it will have plenty of power for your trains.  They are much more powerful than the packs included with train sets.

Les