Grandfather looking for help desgning layout for grandson

Started by hhartman, November 20, 2013, 08:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

No worries.  Shoot me a PM with the info when you can.  Did you have a good time?  Not much of a NBA guy myself.  J enjoy himself?
Did you ever manage to find the UP shell you were looking for, for the Spectrum?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

You know he did! Yea I am not a big sports guy except football, but he loves his sports. Wish I could get him to like trains :'(.
Found the shell from a guy in Denmark who was selling the whole thing not running. I really did not need another project so I offered him $15.00 for the shell and got it.
Now I have 3 SD45 Spectrum units with upgraded decoders I installed. AWESOME.

Wish Harvey would send me his address.

Jerry

hhartman

Quote from: Jerrys HO on November 23, 2013, 08:31:41 AMWish Harvey would send me his address.
PM sent.

Look guys, the conversation that the two of you got into on "my" thread was some kind of weird "polite fistfight" that gave me the impression that there was an on-going feud between the two of you.  If it had been any other time it wouldn't have been so bad but it was in my first post in the Bachmann forum and I considered it a lousy way to start out.  However, both of you have since apologized so I can forgive and forget like anybody else.

I hope you, and all of the Bachmann forum members have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Harvey 

Jerrys HO

Harvey

I just finished pulling my set track and there is 24 18r's and 4 or 6 straights, 1 with power terminal.
Is this going to be DC and is there anything else you may need?

As far as Jim (he's really not a clown) and I (Gemini?) go, I sometimes take his wording wrong and I am sure he does the same with me. All in all he's a great guy and sometimes I get carried away.
Glad you decided to stick around and have fun with us.

Will get it out next week for you and I hope your grandson has fun with it.

Jerry

hhartman

Yes, it will be a DC "layout".  Thanks for this, I'm sure he'll have a GREAT time!  (And more importantly, I'll be awarded "Most Favored Grandpa" status!!!  ;D)

Harvey

jbrock27

Jerry,glad you guys had a good time!  And glad you found your shell and got everything up and running.
I am a LEO, btw.   :D

Yes, Harvey, Jerry and I can sometimes get like the brothers who get into disagreements with each other over misunderstandings.   To everyone, it's all good.

I am sorry Harvey that you got that feeling as your "introduction" here.  I am and I am sure that everyone else is as well, glad you stuck around.  By way of information, I have found that even when things get like "that" here on this board, that it is relatively tame compared to what I have come across when perusing other boards for information and opinion.
Keep Calm and Carry On