News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3 truck Climax

Started by VTBob, November 22, 2013, 03:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

Just bought one, new-in-box. Have ALL the documentation. This is a painted, unlettered, DCC no sound version.

Is there anything I have to do with this locomotive before hauling a train of about 10 MDC log bunks (empty) at my railroad club?

Just asking to make sure because I love the 2 truck version, but the main gearbox has a cracked gear in it. I really don't want to send in the 2 trk because I don't need another 3 trk in return.

Thanks,
Vermont Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

richg

Quote from: Zytx on November 22, 2013, 03:21:36 AM
Just bought one, new-in-box. Have ALL the documentation. This is a painted, unlettered, DCC no sound version.

Is there anything I have to do with this locomotive before hauling a train of about 10 MDC log bunks (empty) at my railroad club?

Just asking to make sure because I love the 2 truck version, but the main gearbox has a cracked gear in it. I really don't want to send in the 2 trk because I don't need another 3 trk in return.

Thanks,
Vermont Bob

Put in on the tracks and turn up the power.

Rich

VTBob

I did that with the 2 trk version. Was all gentle on it & halfway around the layout, the gearbox breaks down.

Unless I can find a gearbox, It's a very expensive static display. Don't want the same thing to happen to the 3 trk version :P

Vermont Bob
R. Montanye

Stephen D. Richards

Shouldn't be a problem with the three truck version.  I just obtained one myself and it runs fine.  Stephen

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Zytx on November 23, 2013, 08:50:54 AM
I did that with the 2 trk version. Was all gentle on it & halfway around the layout, the gearbox breaks down.

Unless I can find a gearbox, It's a very expensive static display. Don't want the same thing to happen to the 3 trk version :P

Vermont Bob

I thought Bachmann had brought in some replacement gears for the Climax, also NWSL was going to make some replacment gears for the Climax as they had for the Shay earlier.

You should not have to have it as a static display
Pacific Northern

richg

Last I knew, NWSL had the gears.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,13307.0.html

Now a gear box, that is a different issue.

Check the Parts page here in the Bachmann site.

Rich

VTBob

Upon dis-assembly of the 2 trk model, it appears that the front gear cracked, as well as the front universal joints. That back truck & gearing still function, although there's a hairline crack in that gear as well.

If NWSL makes all the gearbox & universal joints, then I'll buy those & install them. But I haven't been able to locate any of them in the nwsl catalog.

Thanks,
Vermont Bob
R. Montanye

richg

I just looked at the NWSL site. Bachmann Climax stuff is there.

Rich