News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

programming a turnout

Started by Mr. C, November 23, 2013, 02:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. C

I purchased a #6 turnout and followed the directions.Everything programmed as it was supposed to but,the switch does not toggle back and forth when I hit either direction button.

Jerrys HO

Which system are you using. Did you try to repeat your steps? Explain what steps you took.
Here's a link that might help

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_DCC_Turnout_Instructions.pdf

Jerry

Mr. C

I'm using the ez command system. I went in and followed those directions .When I finished programing the switch cycled  4 times telling me it was programed successfully. Now,how is the switch supposed to toggle back and forth.I thought you pushed the forward and reverse arrows to toggle it ---nothing

Jerrys HO

You missed a step, I have mine programmed to a different address, so yours is probably still programmed to #3. Just like activating sounds on your loco's you have to press the function key and then press the key assigned to toggle them.
Try addressing #3 press function then press the keys till you find the one's that toggles them. You can readdress them to different numbers if you wish.

Jerry

It's been a while since I programmed mine But try pressing #9 and the function key. I believe you forgot to set the address button for the position of the points.
It will time out after a few seconds so don't wait too long

Tammo

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) programming and controlling the E-Z Track DCC Onboard turnouts with a Digitrax DCC system?  I've done it but the problem is that the turnouts don't retain their address; I wind up having to reprogram them about every other time or so that I use the system.

Tech support at bot companies keep pointing the finger at the other company and are of zero help.