News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command and remote turn out

Started by tim2009, November 29, 2013, 05:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim2009

Hi folks.  This might be a bit off subject but I just received the Diesel Locomotive - DCC Sound Value On Board.  It works great with the DCC system.  The quick start guide talk about 4 additional sound features that can be programmed for automatic operation using the DCC.  This include automatic bell and automatic grade crossing signal.  I can't find any information on how to do that.  Is there additional equipment I need to purchase in order to use those function?  Thanks in advance.

richg

Nothing extra needed. Look at the manuals in the DCC section. I just did.

Rich

Hunt

Quote from: tim2009 on December 10, 2013, 08:13:57 PM
Hi folks.  This might be a bit off subject but I just received the Diesel Locomotive - DCC Sound Value On Board.  It works great with the DCC system.  The quick start guide talk about 4 additional sound features that can be programmed for automatic operation using the DCC.  This include automatic bell and automatic grade crossing signal.  I can't find any information on how to do that.  Is there additional equipment I need to purchase in order to use those function?  Thanks in advance.
tim2009,
Best to start a new topic than post unrelated question in a thread, nevertheless...

The Sound Value SoundTraxx Bachmann OEM decoder factory installed in the Bachmann HO diesel is not a Tsunami decoder but there is very little documentation written directly for the Sound Value decoder.  Some features, for example – the addressing restriction, are the same. Where the features are the same in the Sound Value and a Tsunami decoder you can use the SoundTraxx Tsunami documentation for details and how-to.

Click Here   to find the link to the Bachmann HO Sound Value Equipped Configuration Variable Defaults PDF for  the diesel you have.  Use its CV list as an index for looking up feature detail instructions in some of the SoundTraxx documentation written for the Tsunami decoder. This does have some drawbacks but it is what is available.   

tim2009

Thanks for the reply.  I am sorry about not starting a new thread.  I want to wrap it up and in case both Hunt and Rich are still watching this thread.
The manual I got from my train set which include the E-Z command control center doesn't talk about activating those additional functions.  Is this not the right DCC for it?  Can Rich point me to the manuals section?
I also checkout the link that Hunt send me.  If I understand correctly, I either need a Tsunami decoder or a different type of command center (not the E-Z) in order to use the extra function.  Is that correct?

Thanks.

richg

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/dcc_quick_guide.pdf

This document is in the Bachmann DCC Sound Ob Board link which I think is for the sound value series.

If I see this correctly, the auto mode is for DC.

Additional info in the users guide the above document says.
I have no experience with this auto feature as I have never used it.

Rich

Hunt

Quote from: tim2009 on December 10, 2013, 09:11:54 PM
I also checkout the link that Hunt send me.  If I understand correctly, I either need a Tsunami decoder or a different type of command center (not the E-Z) in order to use the extra function.  Is that correct?

Thanks.
tim2009,
Yes, you need a DCC system or standalone DCC programmer capable programming all the necessary CVs by their number.

The links to documentation- manuals is found on same SoundTraxx webpage as you find the link to the Bachmann HO Sound Value Equipped Configuration Variable Defaults PDF for the diesel you have.

Automated sounds are not limited to DC if the necessary CVs are supported by the sound vale decoder in the diesel you have.  Click Here   for PDF of the Tsunami Diesel Sound User's Guide, Automatic Sound Functions, and look at page 51.

Check the Bachmann HO Sound Value Equipped Configuration Variable Defaults PDF for the diesel you have to see if the Automatic Sound Functions controlling CVs are supported. If they are the Sound Value decoder does not need to be replaced by a Tsunami.  You did not state what diesel you have or I would have looked.

Now, I have stopped read this thread.  ;D

Bob_B

The documentation I received with my Bachmann DCC Alco RS3 diesel says to check the User's Guide at www.soundtraxx.com and/or www.bachmanntrains.com for automatic sound functions.
It does say however that CV 197 selects which automatic sound functions are enabled.
It also says these are preset to activate to have automatic horns on forward, stop and reverse. The bell is suppose to sound automatically as well but none of these are on by default with my diesel.

cyber7

Quote from: Hunt on December 09, 2013, 08:58:20 PM

** Instead of a power pack you can use  either AC or DC output wall wart transformer rated 12 to 16 volts output at 500 milliamps (mA) up to 1 amp to power the turnout. 

Thank you @Hunt for this tip!  I just figured out I can use a 12VDC .5A Power Supply and it works like a charm!

Kind regards
Aubrey Kloppers (Cape Town; South Africa)