News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Waiting for a Bachmann 2-6-2 Prairie

Started by John Tumolo, November 30, 2013, 12:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

It's that time of year again-time to start singing "All I want for Christmas is a 2-6-2, a 2-6-2, a 2-6-2"  For all of you modeling the Maine 2 footers in On30, keep on asking Bachmann to build us one.  Thankfully, we got our Forneys, now it's time for a Prairie.  I don't know if I'll buy 5 of 'em like I did the Forneys, but I'm good for at least 2.  Come on, sing it with me-"All I want............"   Merry Christmas to you all, and a Happy New Year, too!   John Tumolo   Britcarfan@aol.com

Royce Wilson

That Forney is probably the best looking locomotive that Bachmann made and the 2-6-2 would be a great one also.

Royce

BIG BEAR

Dear John,

I agree,  my next most anticipated Loco is the 2-6-2. I was so excited to have the American finally made and then given a choice of 2 very different  4-4-0's was just wonderful.
I would also love to see a Gandy Dancer, but have been told this will not happen in On30.

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

narrow mind

Please Mr Bachmann, make a Sandy River prairie.  A version with tender and one as a saddletank would provide a second model for minimal extra production cost.  I have pushed the same idea for making an 0-4-4T from the forney.  You can see my bashed version at http://www.tradewindsvt.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1858

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I'd love to see a Sandy River 2-6-2!
I'll keep pushing...!
the Bach-man

lvrr325

The way they do these Baldwin catalog locomotives it's a wonder they couldn't almost do a "build your own loco" deal.  One boiler, with optional extension at the front, made with provisions to fit multiple chassis - say inside and outside frame 2-6-0 and 2-6-2 - which come with the drive and wiring, then your choice of a cab and detail set - wood cab or steel cab - and last but not least, either a set with saddle tanks and decoder provisions (plus tanker cab or coal bunker) or just give us an existing tender for it. 

As long as it all can be built with a screwdriver and the hard work is already done, why not? 

max (uk)

I started to scratch build a SR&RL 2-6-2 a few years ago because I got bored for waiting for a RTR one. I lost interest in building it because I knew it would never be as good as a Bachmann one.

Please Bachmann, you seem to have done all the other 'classics'. An outside framed 2-6-2 would be a great addition to any On30 fleet.

John Tumolo

One more thing to add-A while back I was able to purchase a Bachmann 4-4-0 outside frame (the bigger one) from John Weigel's Peterboro Railroad that had been modified by the King of Slash & Bash to look like a Maine 2-foot railroad locomotive.  The new, lowered cab along with the motion of the outside wheel weights really puts you in mind of an engine made  for any one of the 2-footers.  All I did was add a wood road pilot from Mount Blue Model Company and cover the two holes left in the running boards with Wiseman Model Services large wood tool box and large oil can.  If you are like me and can't build a 2-6-2 yourself, and are still looking for that locomotive and separate tender combo to run on your railroad, the "big" American from Peterboro is the way to go.  Not affiliated, just a very happy customer.  John Tumolo  Britcarfan@aol.com

Kernow

A talented and imaginative ON30conspiracy member put an amazing photoshopped 2-6-2 photo into their photo section. Basically its a cut down 2-6-6-2.

The link might work but if not, go the ON30 conspiracy Yahoo forum and check out the album gresham_media in the Photos section.

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules here, and hope that gresham_media does not mind me sharing his photo with a wider audience.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/On30conspiracy/photos/album/858260535/pic/845216445/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

ksivils

Not exactly a SR&RL #24, but it sure does remind me of 2-6-2s build by Baldwin for the logging industry.  I would spring for one - even though the roster is at its limit! :)