Main Menu

K-27

Started by tlnibert, December 08, 2013, 10:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlnibert

Does anyone make an HO size K-27?
Tom

GN.2-6-8-0

Pretty sure they were only done in brass.
Rocky Lives

WoundedBear

Blackstone does an HO K27.......not sure if you want standard or narrow gauge though.

Sid

ryeguyisme

I think he may be referring to Narrow gauge running on HO sized track, which is On30

Pacific Northern

I assume you are talking about an HO scale engine which runs on N qauge track.

As nice as the Blackstone engines are if you are not that into sound then I would suggest going for a brass model.

You will find them on E-bay, a K-28 would also be a nice running narrow gauge locomotive.

I just checked E-Bay and I see prices are now set for Christmas, I would wait as you can usually find an unused brass for just over $200.00

I bought a couple of these and plan to have a narrow gauge line running to a mining operation. I plan on using double gauge track on part of the layout and N gauge for the line up to the mine and then from the double tracked mainline to the smelter. At the smelter there will be both HO and HOn trackage.
Pacific Northern

ebtnut

Be aware that HO narrow gauge (HOn3) has its own track standards.  It is not the same gauge as N gauge track, which is used for HOn30 (or HOn21/2, if you prefer).  MMI did the K-27's in On3 and On30 as die-cast models.  Bachmann made the K-27 in Large scale, 1:20.3.  There have been a number of brass models made over the years in HOn3, primarily from PFM and Westside.  PFM and Precision Scale among others have done them in On3. 

Br 98.75

Ho Narrow gauge is Hon3(Hom or tt(table top) track), Hon30 (Hoe,009, n scale track) , or Hoz Mining trams or Rack/ Gear adn cog railways.

BillD53A

Blackstone made a limited run K27 in 2012.  Since the real ones were 3' gauge, the models are HOn3.