News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4' x 4' Christmas track plan

Started by nearboston, December 09, 2013, 01:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nearboston

I would like to put together a small layout for Christmas this year using EZ Track. Something a little more than a single loop, but simple and continuous running  The closest plan that I could find was one made for Atlas track that used a single 19 deg. crossover to "fold" an oval into a double loop.  I can't find anything similar in EZ track, so am looking for a pointer or two.

Thanks in advance

Doneldon

Boston-

It can be done with EZ Track, too. The crossing you use is determined by the curvatures you use for the other track sections. I suggest that you use the free AnyRail program on line to work out the details. Good luck and let us know how things work out for you.
                                                                                                                                                                                 -- D

nearboston

Thanks for the tip on the program.  I tried another that wasn't as user friendly, but Thi one worked well.  First pass showed me that I have most of the track I need, except for the crossover.

Doneldon

Quote from: nearboston on December 10, 2013, 09:05:03 PM
Thanks for the tip on the program.  I tried another that wasn't as user friendly, but Thi one worked well.  First pass showed me that I have most of the track I need, except for the crossover.

Boston-

I hate to pick nits but you want a crossing, not a crossover. A crossing is a place where one track physically crosses another; a crossover is a track structure which allows trains to move from one track to another. Crossovers require two turnouts. They can also have four turnouts so trains can change from each track to the other while traveling either direction. Such a double crossover includes a crossing between the two pairs of turnouts.

-- D

nearboston

No problem, terminology is important.