News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Programming the DCC Trunouts

Started by almudallal, December 11, 2013, 11:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almudallal

Hello ,
I have a Dynamis DCC .When I program the Trunouts ,all is well and  each turnout is added to a Hot Key and it works perfectly until I turn the handset off . all the programming is lost .
Next time I need to reprogram the turnouts all over again .
I am i missing something .Do I need to do something different .

Thank you

Bob_B

This could be related to your loco programming.
On rare occasions I have had to reprogram all my turnouts after programming something else. I also intermittently have one particular turnout lose its' programming for no apparent reason :(

Hunt

almudallal,

Issue: Decoder equipped turnout loss of control after DCC system powered off and back on.

This issue has been  experienced by some modelers since the first release of Bachmann DCC decoder factory installed HO turnouts. I observe Bachmann handles this issue on a case by case basis through the Bachmann Service Department. Suggest you call Bachmann Service Dept (800-356-3910 or 215-533-1600) and ask to speak with Service Dept Manager.

Before you call Bachmann Service please do the following and post the results here.
Remove power from Dynamis.

Closely inspect both battery departments of the handset for any corrosion and replace all battery with fresh ones of the same brand and type.

Remove everything on the track (locomotives and cars).

With nothing on the track, do a Factory Reset of the Dynamis system.  Refer to Dynamis User Guide pages 19 and 27.

Follow the turn on procedure for Dynamis but do not place locomotive or anything else on the track.

Program an address to each turnout.

After all turnouts programmed, operate each turnout several times in random order to confirm it works with the address programmed to it.

After the system has been on for at least 15 minutes, remove power from the system.

After at least 30 minutes, restore power to system and press STOP button

Wait at least two minutes and then see if you still have control of each turnout.

If you have turnout control - test turnout control with one locomotive on track at a time.