News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Baldwin 4-6-0

Started by daddomaddo, December 12, 2013, 10:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddomaddo

Good afternoon Mr. Bach Man,
Any word on when we might see a new run of HO Baldwin 4-6-0 locomotives?
They are becoming quite hard to find.

adari

If you need some, I know a dealer that has 2 or 3.
Message me privately.
Adam

Pacific Northern

There are 4 of the Spectrum 4-6-0's on E-bay right now.

If I find any of the Spectrum 4-6-0's at a decent price I will buy them. I certainly will bid on a couple.

They are the most versatile engine you can find. They can do freight, passenger or mixed. A couple of these on a layout would be all you would need, with the possible exception of a small switcher if the layout had a good sized yard.

As there is no HO 4-6-0's being produced in plastic right now, which ever manufacture gets one into production will do well with sales. I would assume Bachmann still has the molds, I really wonder why they have not produced a run in the last year or so.
Pacific Northern

rogertra

Quote from: Pacific Northern on December 13, 2013, 03:49:40 PM
There are 4 of the Spectrum 4-6-0's on E-bay right now.

If I find any of the Spectrum 4-6-0's at a decent price I will buy them. I certainly will bid on a couple.

They are the most versatile engine you can find. They can do freight, passenger or mixed. A couple of these on a layout would be all you would need, with the possible exception of a small switcher if the layout had a good sized yard.

As there is no HO 4-6-0's being produced in plastic right now, which ever manufacture gets one into production will do well with sales. I would assume Bachmann still has the molds, I really wonder why they have not produced a run in the last year or so.

I agree.  A DCC + sound 4-6-0 would go over great right now.