Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

train track

Started by Vince620, December 12, 2013, 05:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince620

Just starting into HO...Can I mix unitrack, ez track, etc

Hunt

Not worth the effort it would require to mix them.  Kato HO Unitrack and Bachmann HO E-Z Track have different connectors and track geometry (rail code, track length, roadbed size , etc).

There is an HO Board for questions about HO.

Chuck N

I think you are in the wrong forum.  This is the large scale forum, 45mm between the rails.  You should direct your question to the HO FORUM.

CHUCK

doug c

But then maybe  ho is the largest scale available to them, in their part of the world  !?  ;)
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

jward

as a rule, track with attatched roadbed is not compatable across brands. non-roadbed track is generally compatable across brands as long as the rail code is the same. non roadbed track is also compatable with roadbed track of the same code as long as the non roadbed track is shimmed up to the height of the roadbed track (usually about 1/4" in HO).....

code refers to rail height in thousands of an inch, code 83 rail is 0.083" tall, for example.

roadbed track of different makes can have different rail codes, (ez track is code 100, atlas true track is code 83) and may have different methods of connecting the rails (most brands use rail joiners so that the track connects end to end by sliding the pieces together, power lock track connects from the side with no rail joiners) and most certainly, no two brands of roadbed type track use the same connectors between the roadbed sections. if you do decide to mix brands of this track, such as ez track and unitrack, you will need to remove the connector clips from the roadbed on both pieces where they join.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Quote from: Chuck N on December 12, 2013, 07:13:40 PM
I think you are in the wrong forum.  This is the large scale forum, 45mm between the rails.  You should direct your question to the HO FORUM.CHUCK

Chuck-

No, it's not. This is the HO board.

-- D

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Doneldon on December 14, 2013, 02:15:24 AM
Quote from: Chuck N on December 12, 2013, 07:13:40 PM
I think you are in the wrong forum.  This is the large scale forum, 45mm between the rails.  You should direct your question to the HO FORUM.CHUCK

Chuck-

No, it's not. This is the HO board.

-- D

FYI- This post was moved from "large scale" to here in "HO"

FYI Vince since your new, track code is the height of the rail. I was told transition track was made.(with one end for each brand of track), but I haven't actually seen it.

Jerrys HO

QuoteFYI Vince since your new, track code is the height of the rail. I was told transition track was made.(with one end for each brand of track), but I haven't actually seen it.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/433-21314

I have only seen it in steel rail not NS.

Jerry

Jhanecker2

That adapter for Power-Loc Track is to adapt to any code 100 track whether with or without roadbed .   I have used  the adapters to join power-Loc track to E-Z track as well as Atlas  Code 100 track as well as Peco  code 100 flex track . Walters makes transition track to convert CODE 83 to  code 100  and  Code 83 to code 70  , these are without road bed . True - track is code 83  as is  Uni-track, both with roadbed . Trix  C is  Code 90 with road bed .  There is also Code 70 HO track and code 50 HO track without road bed available .  According to the current 2013 Walthers reference  Book  No Nickel-silver adapter exists . John 2 .