Parts for Blue Comet Atlantic City Express

Started by Joe S, December 14, 2013, 05:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe S

I am trying to find the plastic pins that hold the piston arms onto the wheels ( not sure of the correct terminology). The item # on the box is 58616. It is the Blue Comet Atlantic City Express 4-6-0. Looked at web diagram and parts list and found a push pin, not sure if that is what I need. This pin is what holds the wheels on. My wife found this at a garage sale for $7.00, with a box of extra track. The set is in great shape, the engine runs except the arm come off of the wheels. Our grandson can't wait to run his new train.  Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks,Joe

Loco Bill

Joe, I just noticed no one has responded.  This may be because they cannot identify the scale of the item.  The item number you mention is not a large scale item number.   

Give parts a call and see if they can help you with this. Try the 800 number in the instructions or call 215-533-1600 and ask for the parts dept.

All the Best

Bill
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill & Joe,

I have three different large scale sets in boxes with that item number, including the Blue Comet set, instead of the regular Bachmann number. I assume they were made for some big box or department store but have never found out who it was. I think he needs the plastic push in pin that holds the connecting rod to the side rods and driver.

Wade

Loco Bill

Wade,
I am not at home and I forgot about that, but the only ones I remember were the Blue Comet and the Liberty Bell sets. What was the third?  Also wondered where you ended up buying them?

Joe, 

I forgot to mention that until you get that part you could temporarily remove the rest of the valve gear as it will not affect the operation.  Some years ago I made one out of plastic sprue material and doing a lot of filing. Solid tubing could be used and tapered with a file, and the end heated and flattened.   

Bachmann parts has the pins last I heard, but they are not listed online.

Holiday cheers!

Bill

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill,

The other set is the NYC Fast Mail 90086. I think I got them at train meets as I was not into eBay then.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Wade

Joe S

Thank you all for the info. I did try to call parts line last Friday, but couldn't get threw. Will try again later. Have a few ideas on how to make part, just thought I would try to get the right piece. Good input on how to fab a part also. Once again, thank you for all of your replies. Joe S. Merry Christmas !!!!

grcaprez

Joe
don't bother with original parts and high postage. All you need is a suitable screw and washer.
Gion