News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Product Suggestion.

Started by Jake, September 20, 2007, 10:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Hello. I have been doing research for my railroad, and since I have moved location to the Northwest and era to the present, I have been doing research on steam engines from railroads such as the Great Northern, Santa Fe & others, since I am trying to assemble a "Historical Fleet" if you will, and came across what I think would be a great addition to the Bachmann line of Spectrum 4-8-2's, a GN P-2 Mountain! ;D While I know the probability of this happening is unlikely, I'm just throwing it out there.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

RAM

You are right.  It will never happen.

r.cprmier

RAM:
Never say never!  Lest "Proto" did their version of the DL-109.  Now, we all know just how popular that unit was...New Haven bought about 60 of 'em, the other 6 or so, were sold to various roads, like the SOuthern, Milwaulkee and Santa Fe.  What does that tell you?  The New Haven versions mostly ran Southern New England; Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Eastern Mass, with one other area for them:  The Maybrook Line, to Campbell Hall, New York.  That's it!!  A very small, rather segregated area, and certainly not a burgeoning community of real rail fans;  Yet...How many Proto 1000's were sold?  In all of the aforementioned liveries?

Companies like Bachmann, etc; do a lot of research on what will sell where-they have to in this type of market; and these guys are far from being a bunch of idiots!  If they have a good idea it will sell, they would probably produce a handcar with the likenesses of Mae West and W.C.Fields at the handles.  I am not trying to forecast anything, but life is all full of surprises, so don't bet the family farm on "never";  You just may become homeless.

Rich   
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

r.cprmier

RAM:

Errata:

The main point I made but didn't validate:  Proto did a land-office business with that DL-109.  There were a lot of guys like me who just wanted a pair or three.  They sold like hotcakes, according to a couple of hobby shop owners.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

jschmid

you know what would be  neat? some of them little fairmont speeders! bachmann probly could pulll it off considering they've made a hand car a 2 truck vans... ya never know!

the Bach-man

Dear JS,
Check out Item No. 16046.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Pacific Northern

Quote from: the Bach-man on September 22, 2007, 10:42:49 PM
Dear JS,
Check out Item No. 16046.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

And Item No. 16046 refers to ???